Saturday, May 15

IC232 & QFTD09 & SSC151 & CC268

I have been away from here and stamping for about 2 weeks. Remember when I said that my shoulder was hurting? Well the doctors can’t figure out what is wrong, but they think I sprained it. So they wanted me to take a break from computer and stamping. Well I have no problem being away from the computer at work – LOL, but no blurfing – GASP.


I created this a card -- using the sketch challenge from Stamping 411 -- to see how my shoulder does. Today’s Inspiration challenge on SCS is from Two Lumps of Sugar. Wow!! There is so much inspiration on this site – so many patterns. I chose the apron that you can see here.

This card is also for the Queen for the Day challenge from yesterday. This weeks queen is Linda aka Hotwheels. She is such a sweetie. Congrats Linda – I hope you enjoy your week, you are so deserving of this award.

I took inspiration from both of these cards -- Card 1 and Card 2.

While I was camping with the boys I created this DP. I have several sheets of this, so you will probably be seeing a few cards with this color combo. I need to call this card Glitter -- there is glitter EVERYWHERE.

I don’t know how much I will be able to blurf, but I am going to try and return all the comments and emails this weekend.

Thanks for stopping by,
~~Corie

Stamps: Elements of Style, Well Scripted
Paper: Watercolor Card stock, Whisper White, Basic Black
Inks: Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Barely Banana, Summer Sun, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Staz on Black, VersaMark
Extras: Olive Satin ribbon, sponges, blender pen, paint brush with water, Nesties, Cuttlebug, Fine Glitter, Heat and Stick Powder, Heat gun, dimensionals

The inside of the card: .

24 Comments:

stampinfrog said...

Corie this card is beautiful!I love the DP you have created!Hope your shoulder is feeling better!
Hugs,Connie

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is gorgeous!! So tell me how you did the DP? I'd love to know. It's wonderful!

Steph said...

This is just gorgeous. I love how you made the BG paper and the glittery bird is beautiful:)

Unknown said...

WOW!!! This is gorgeous!!! I would love to know how you did the background too!! Simply gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along this week over at Stamping 411!!

June Houck said...

I for one am tickled that you used more of your Corie dsp! It is truly beautiful, and your card is gorgeous :)

Julie Mutch said...

Corie, this is just beautiful! Looks like you've had a few requests on your 'Corie dp'...can we see a tutorial? :)
Sure hope you're feeling better - take care of that shoulder and have a nice, relaxing weekend.

Hugs,
Julie

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Corie! I love the partial image stamped on the sentiment! And...the inside is just as pretty as the front!

Michele Kovack said...

This is simply beautiful!!!

Vicky Hayes said...

That background does it for me too! Hope your shoulder is bearing up and love the verb 'to blurf'!

Deb Neerman said...

A FABulous creation ...LOVE that glittery BG!

Hope your shoulder is good as new soon!

Sending hugs!

Allison Rankin said...

What beautiful paper! Great mix with the sentiment and embellies so it doesn't get too busy!

Feel better. And you're a nut for commenting all over my blog (although the comment nut in me appreciates it!).

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! I hope you'll tell us how you created that gorgeous dp.

~ Rita

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, your patterned paper really makes this card! I love it and look forward to seeing other creations you make with it! I hope you feel better, soon!

Bev J. said...

So sorry your shoulder is giving you problems-hope all is well soon. Beautiful paper you made and a beautiful card-love the glitz. tfs

Michelle L. said...

Glad you are feeling better. This is just gorgeous, Corie! I love the sparkle on the bird. And thank you for all the sweet comments on my blog. I hope you're not overdoing on your shoulder! :)

Selene Kempton said...

This is just stunning! WOW!! I just love that background!

kathleenh said...

Wow! That is some gorgeous dp you made with this set! I love how you finished off the card with the gorgeous ribbon and the sparkly bird.

Patti Chesky said...

Oh Corie! This is STUNNING!!! I love all the watercoloring. It must've been so time-consuming, but oh-so-worth the final result.

This is artwork, my friend!

Kerin said...

Holy cow!!! Okay, now that I've picked my jaw up off the floor...unbelievably gorgeous... love every single thing about this card. WOW.

Unknown said...

this is without a doubt STUNNING!!!

Connie Babbert said...

Wow! Stunning! Love how you used the small kisses in the center and the beautiful bow. Great job with the Stamping 411 sketch this week!

gbarron56 said...

This is truly a lovely card Corie! Your hand-made DSP is just beautiful! Great job with the sketch this week. Thanks for playing along! Blessings, Gretchen

Anonymous said...

congrats on being one of the top5 picks...your's was definitely MY favorite of the week! Just gorgeous, I already have it in my favorites to try out! Have a great weekend.

Christel said...

Wow Corie, this is amazing! Congratulations on having your card chosen as one of the Top 5.