Sunday, May 16

FS171

Well it's official I REALLY overdid it today (ask Allison if you don't believe me). I think I am caught up with my comments and emails, but my shoulder is KILLING me. I spent the entire day on the computer -- I know dummy me, I will regret it later. I was able to create a card though. I had this puffy flower and the white frame already done, so I decided to use them.


Today's Featured Stamper is Cathleen aka Ctronia. WOW, Cathleen is one talented lady!! I had such a difficult time choosing which card to CASE there were so many absolutely stunning cards -- like 100, and I am NOT overestimating. You can see the card I CASEd here.

I changed a few things -- the DP, sentiment, the border punches, the ribbon, and I used a puffy flower instead of a silk one -- but it's still the same.

The puffy flower tutorial is over there on the right side of my site if you need it.

Thanks for stopping by!!
~Corie

Stamps: Whimsical Words
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Sweet Pea DP
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
Extras: Crop-A-Dial, Scallop circle, Scallop edge, and Scallop Trim punches, Medium Chocolate brads, Chocolate satin ribbon, sponge

The inside of the card: .

13 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I love the combination of baja and chocolate and that puffy flower is gorgeous! Glad you're back--I discovered your blog about a month ago and love it! Sue (suen)

Unknown said...

beautiful!!! hope your shoulder is better!!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Just gorgeous!!!!! Love the colors you went with.

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Corie! Yes, when I saw all the comments you made on my blog, I was tut-tutting.....you should have RESTED!!! Glad you were able to create this beauty! Your work is always impeccable!

kathleenh said...

Gorgeous card! I love the delicate white trim and puffy white flower with the boldness of the chocolate satin ribbon.

jaydee said...

Corie
Fabulous card. It really is a special card! I, too, used Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze on a card this weekend. There is something really beautiful about it. I love the fact that you created a beautiful frame for the inside with lots of space to write a sentiment.
Jaydee

Rita said...

Gorgeous card, it's so elegant Corie! Feel better soon kiddo!

Creative Grammie said...

Aloha Corie; What a beautiful card! The frames make this card look so airy and dainty.
I know you'll feel better soon.
Thanks for sharing.

Joy said...

so pretty! love those puffy flowers and the card is so simple yet so lovely! I need to learn to make cards like this! wonderful! have a good week!

Lesley said...

This is stunning Corie! I just love the colours and that pretty flower is gorgeous. Hope your shoulder feels better. My mom had the same problem and accupunture fixed it!

Lesley :)

Velta said...

Oh my goodness Corie...You are a life saver...this card is so elegant I saw my jaw drop...when I say you are a life saver...you will see my post next week and know what I am talking about...Your card is simple elegance!!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous card, Corie! Love those puffy flowers!

Allison Rankin said...

You are a goofball...I have to spend my day on the computer but you don't! Plus, you can get that from gardening or something summery (I can't...dang snow!). You know I heart this. Love the puffy flower with the inked edges and that ribbon treatment. And all those punched edges? You're killing me!