Saturday, April 24

Lots of 'Um

This is for the Color, Way to Use It, Queen for the Day, and the Inspirational Challenges. Yep 4 challenges in one card. There is a reason for this -- I haven't stamped all week. I hurt my shoulder a few weeks ago, and I am having a difficult time using my right arm. Every time I try and use my mouse -- the computer one ;o)-- I am in terrible pain. So I haven't blurfed very much at all this week. I was hoping by not using the computer for an entire week that things would be better, but I am almost in tears typing this post. OK enough complaining.


The colors this week were Apricot Appeal, Basic Grey, and Sage Shadow. This DP is call Nouveau Chic, and it has all these colors in it. The Way to Use It challenge was to mix patterns, so I used different patterns of the same DP. The Queen for the Day this week is Cathleen aka ctorina. She is such a sweetie, she always leaves the nicest comments on my cards. I CASEd her card that you can see here. Lastly the Inspiration Challenge this week was Green Rainbow Shop. I drew my inspiration from this shirt and this Dog sweater. Both of them had Apricot and Sage in them.

I punched the stars out of DP and trimmed them a little so you could see the black layer behind them. I also used the new Black Satin ribbon -- I love this ribbon, it's so EASY to tie into a bow.

Thanks for stopping by,
~~Corie

Stamps: Well Scripted
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Nouvea Chic DP
Inks: Basic Black
Extras: Black satin ribbon, Large and small star punches, dimensionals

The inside:

8 Comments:

Allison Rankin said...

A beautiful job...nice layout! Sorry about your shoulder...I have had similar issues and found that physio/acupuncture was a way to deal with it (at least initially) so I could get some mobility back.

Terri (blindstamper) said...

I hope your shoulder feels better soon...I enjoy your creations and blog and have missed you posting! Great card...it was going in my favorites before I even realized it was yours! I'm always drawn to your work.

Bev J. said...

So sorry you hurt your shoulder and hope you get relief soon. I love stars and really like your card. tfs

Risa said...

I love everything about your gorgeous card Corie! Totally fabulous in every way!
I'm so sorry to hear that you hurt your arm. Hopefully the pain will ebb away soon and all will be OK again. Take care of yourself and try not to over do it!
hugs
Risa:)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, Corie. I love anything with stars on it.

Hope that you feel better quick.

Joan
MN

Michelle L. said...

sorry about your shoulder, Corie! It hasn't affected your talent, though - this card is just fabulous!

Rita said...

Too cute! I hope you feel better soon kiddo!

Rose Ann said...

I love the colors and your stars look so pretty with the striped paper!!