Friday, February 12

LSC259 ~ Inspired by the Presidents

Today's challenge on SCS was to create a card inspired by the Presidents. I am not sure this card exactly counts for the challenge (you know I say that a lot), but it is was the first thing that came to my mind when I thought of the President.


You all know I live in the DC area. I actually live in a suburb half way between DC and Annapolis, I've lived in the DC Metro area my entire life. One of the fun things we did when we were little was the Easter Egg roll on the White House Lawn. So when I read about this challenge I thought that I could make an Easter Card.

I created another puffy flower, this one is the regular one. You can find the tutorial for this flower here. If you make one of your own, please let me know I would love to see yours :o)

Thanks for stopping by,
Corie

Stamps: Well Scripted
Paper: Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla, Shades of Spring DP
Inks: Orchid Opulence
Extras: Scallop Circle punch, Crop-a-Dial, Medium White Brad, Celery grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals, Butterfly embosslit, purple rhinestones.

The inside:

15 Comments:

Gina Wrona said...

Hi Corie!

Awesome flower, gonna have to click on your link and check out the tutorial for sure!

Hugs,
Gina

Joy said...

sweet card...love the flower! I may just have to CASE this! but don't worry...I will give props where it's due =) have a wonderful weekend! happy valentine's day Corie!

Rose Ann said...

So beautiful, Corie!! I love those papers and your gorgeous flower!!

LeAnne said...

Wow, what a great memory--the Easter Egg Roll at the White HOuse--lucky you! This is a great take on the challenge! How fun!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
stampinfrog said...

Gorgeous card Corie!Love the color combo, papers and the flower is just a big WOW!
Hugs,Connie

Deb Neerman said...

Just beautiful, Corie! Love that DP and that gorgeous flower!!

The card qualifies for this week's "Stamp Simply" challenge ... to use purple and green. You should enter it!!

Have a great weekend; stay warm!

Anne Harada said...

Hi Corie! Saw this on SCS too, I just love it and love the way you used the flower! So fun!! Great card!!

Risa said...

What a super beautiful card! I'm in love with the vibrant color combo and your beautiful flower!
hugs
Risa:)

Anonymous said...

I love your very pretty card with all of the wonderful colors. The flower is beautiful as well. Someday I do plan on trying to make that flower also. Thanks for your great idea.

Joan
MN

Antje said...

Wonderful spring colors and the puffy flower makes such a nice focus. TFS

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Simply Beautiful! LOVE your puffy flowers soooo much!
Hugs
Nicola

Rita said...

Wowza, this card really pops i ♥ it!!! DP & colors are awesome & of course I ♥ your flowers! I have to give this one a try.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a gorgeous card. I love all your layers and that beautiful flower!!!

Velta said...

I cannot get over your flowers!!! They are so perfect...I am going to have to try this! Your card, colors,design...just perfect!!