Friday, January 15

SR#2 & MTSC56

Here is another card with just a little stamping. I have been creating a least 2 cards each day, and I think my MOJO is slowing down. It is another one with a funny picture. What is it with purple -- I can't seem to take a good picture.


I love this DP, and I saw that the Stampin' Royalty Challenge was a color challenge -- Elegant Eggplant, Rich Raspberry, and Pale plum. I knew I could put together a card with not much stamping. I decided to use Mercy's Sketch too -- 'cuz I thought it would show off the DP really well.

I have been trying to do more bows with buttons, but I think I need to practice a little more. Small bows seem to be more difficult for me. (Does anyone have any hints?) Put some thick ribbon in my hands and I can make a beautiful bow. I think it is from "back in the day" when I did a lot of floral arrangements. And Christmas tree toppers -- I love doing those big loopy bows.

Stamps: Well Scripted
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Pale Plum, Cottage Wall DP
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Extras: Scallop trim border punch, Razzleberry polka dot ribbon, Latte button, dimensionals

18 Comments:

Michelle L. said...

this is gorgeous Corie!

Anonymous said...

I just recently found your blog and added it to my favourites; your cards are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them!

Meg

Risa said...

Hi Corie,
Your card is very elegant and the colors are rich and beautiful! Congratulations on your card nomination at Stamping wkly. WTG!!
hugs
Risa:)

Sabriena Satchwell said...

Gorgeous card! I love your layout.
Thank you so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

This is so beautiful Corie... you are totally inspiring me! I'm so glad you're playing with us at SR!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I seriously love this card - everything about it! I think your bow/button here is great! Keep up the good work!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

loving these cards and the use of the new punch!

Sarah said...

Very pretty! I love the button bow! thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Misty said...

Wow, what a beautiful upscale card. It looks very pretty. and congrats on your card being chosen.

Joy said...

ohhh...so pretty...love the deep and rich colors of this card. you make such pretty cards. congrats on one of your cards being chosen again. keep up the awesome work. have a wonderful weekend!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...so striking and beautiful!! I love the rich colors too, Corie!!

Krista said...

This is so pretty ! Great job !

Anonymous said...

I love your card, just love that happy birthday stamp its lovely

Mitra ChandlerSabti said...

Gorgeous! I always have trouble using designer paper but seeing your amazing card has really inspired me! Thank you!

savvy teaching tips said...

Amazing Corrie - you've done it again! Thanks for playing with us!

Unknown said...

woooo!
gorgeous card and great job with the combo; beautiful button

Anonymous said...

mommy I like the purple

Lesley said...

This is gorgeous, love what you did with the DSP!!!! And the ribbon with the button is awesome.

Smiles,
Lesley :)