Wednesday, January 6

CC252 & SC262

I started this card with the color challenge in mind -- Bermuda Bay, Certainly Celery, and Handsome Hunter. I wanted to see how these colors would look with the Upsy Daisy Stamp set. I used my markers and colored different parts of the flowers. Then I misted the stamp with a spray bottle filled with water, and then stamped the image on my card stock. I love the way this turned out. Then I had to figure out a layout -- which I usually do before I start stamping. I check the sketch challenge for today, and I thought this might work. I had a difficult time getting the little square up in the corner.


Since I flipped the sketch, and didn't really use the corner square, I am not sure this qualifies for the sketch challenge, but I am going to post/upload it anyway. I will do another one tomorrow.

Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
Inks: Bermuda Bay, Certainly Celery, Handsome Hunter
Extras: Cuttle bug, Swiss Dot folder, Bermuda polka dot ribbon, Modern Label punch, dimensionals, mat pack, paper piercer

15 Comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love the way it turned out too! I've had upsy daisy on the brain lately and need to pull it out! LOL! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great day!

June Houck said...

Your faux water coloring turned out beautifully! So pretty, Corie.

LeAnne said...

Corie, this is beautiful! Upsy Daisy seems to have a popular resurgence lately--I've seen it several places. I checked out several of your posts, and you are quite talented! Love your blog!

Velta said...

Hi Corie ~ This card is super great! Your watercoloring technique is what makes it really special...I also love the sketch and colors. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog...Please come back to visit.

Rita said...

Awesome card Corie! The colors are stunning together & the technique is so perfect for this stamp. I think I might case this one for a birthday card I need for this month! I'm in awe of this one...one of your best!

Michelle L. said...

I love how the spritzing turned out, Corie. Great idea.

Paula said...

Oh I love this! The colors, the stamp, the swiss dots embossing, it's beautiful Corrie.

kathleenh said...

Corie, this came out so gorgeous!

savvy teaching tips said...

Wow - this is so beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin Royalty.

Sabriena Satchwell said...

What a perfectly tied bow!
I LOVE all the detail in this card. Great work!

Sarah said...

I love the colours! and the detail, stunning!
Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin Royalty! Great Job!

Allison Rankin said...

Love the rock and roll. Such drama with the color choices! Great job!

Unknown said...

great card!
I love the combo colors

savvy teaching tips said...

Hi Corie,
Can you please email me and I will send you your winner's blinkie for Stampin Royalty.
Congratulations!
Sandra
slfarrell@shaw.ca

Linda said...

Thanks for the explanation on the effect you got with spritzing Upsy Daisy; it's now on my (long) list of sets to buy LOL. And Congrats on winning at Stampin' Royalty!