Sunday, December 27

CC250

I decided to try doing the challenge on SCS this week. I haven't done them in a while. Boy the Color and Sketch challenge were difficult!! I guess that is why they call them challenges -- duh.


Here is the my color challenge card -- Crushed Curry, Real Red, and Sahara Sand. These are not colors that I would reach for, but I guess this turned out OK. I think this will be my valentine's card for my little one.

I have seen these polar bears several places, but I think Heather (Stamp with Heather) did them first. She is the QUEEN of punched art.

I punched out all the shapes and then sponged around them with Sahara Sand.

Here are the punches
The Mom: Head--Ornament punch, Nose--Large Oval (trimmed) and 1/4" circle punch, Ears--1/2" circle punch and the small heart from the Heart to Heart punch, Eyes--1/8" circle punch, Body--Wide Oval punch

The Baby: Head--1" circle, Nose--Small Oval punch & 1/8" circle punch, Ears--1/4" circle punch & 1 small heart from the Heart to Heart punch cut in half, Eyes--1/8" circle punch, Body--Large Oval Punch.

Stamps: A Happy Heart . Paper: Sahara Sand, Real Red, Crushed Curry, Whisper White, Basic Black . Inks: Real Red, Sahara Sand . Extras: Sponges, Cuttle bug, Swirl folder, Punches (listed above), 2-way glue pen.

5 Comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is awesome. What a CC and what an inspirational way to take it on!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card Corie. Love the bears and the great background... the colors look great! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Too dang cute, Corie! I've got to make me some polar bears, too!

Fe-Fe said...

Happy Christmas Corie!

Love these Polar Bears they are so cute!

Hugs
Fe x

kathleenh said...

Corie, I love this! You did a great job using the colors and the polar bears are so cute!