Sunday, February 8

TECC54

Here is my card for Taylor's Weekly Cupcake Challenge. I did not use a cupcake this week, (amazing, I know), and I kinda changed the sketch. The vertical stripe is a little wider than the original sketch. But as Taylor says the sketches are meant for inspiration if your creation turns out a little different that's OK.


These birds are from the "Best Friends" stamp set from Inkadinkado, aren't they adorable? I am trying new permanent black inks with my Sharpies, to see which one works best. I picked up Brilliance Graphite Black ink by Tsukineko from Michales. This ink reminds me of Craft ink from SU. It smeared a little, but that might have been because I didn't let it dry enough.

I colored the image in with my Sharpie Markers, and then sponged around it with River Rock Ink. To make it look a little "aged", I overstamped it with Creamy Caramel and the Linen Background stamp. That blue is not as bright IRL as it looks in the picture. I layer this on top of my new designer paper is from K-OLOGY, it is called Hannah.

Stamps: Best Friends, Linen, Circle of Friendship Paper: Natuals Ivory, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Groovy Guava, Paper Trey White, Hannah DP Inks: River Rock, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel, Brilliance Black, Chocolate Chip Marker Extras: Sharpies, Sponge Dauber, Chocolate Taffeta Ribbon, Tool Kit, Dimensionals, 1/2", 1", 1-1/8", & 1-1/4" circle punches

10 Comments:

~amy~ said...

super job corie...I've been really enjoying your sharpie creations!

Melissa said...

Very pretty card Corie! I love the layout and the colors/image you chose.

Rita said...

So beautiful & your doing great with the sharpies!!! After seeing your coloring I decided to use my Bic Mark-it markers for coloring on the cards I made this weekend (will post tomorrow). Thanks for inspiring me to use my markers!!!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...another beauty, Corie!! Love the colors here as well!!

Lisa Brown said...

What a beautiful card, Corie! Your coloring is awesome! Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comments--Lisa

samanthadesigns said...

Corie, love the colors of this card. Everything works together beautifully. I am glad I stopped by to see your work.

Allison Rankin said...

Beautiful DP...the birds just pop here!

Anonymous said...

A stunning card. I like how you changed the sketch. And I love the stamp set with the designer paper.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

WOW! Corie, these are both just stunning! Love the mix of colours and papers and your colouring is gorgeous!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous! I love that bird image!