Thursday, January 8

WCS64

Creating simple cards is not always easy. I have been trying to create some cards with the Say It With Scallops stamp set for a Stamp-A-Stack. I want quick, easy, pretty cards. Is that too much to ask?


I am having difficulty making the cards with just a few layers. I decided to try using Beate's WSC64 sketch for the layout. I knew what I wanted to do with the center part, but my plan was to have a layer of More Mustard for the background. When I placed the center part on the mustard card stock, it looked so plain. That is where the kiwi layer came from. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Stamps: Say It With Scallops
Paper: More Mustard, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Haiku DP
Inks: So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss
Extras: 1/2", 1-1/4" & 1-3/8"circles, Scallop circle & edge punches, Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon, dimensionals

14 Comments:

blah said...

Gorgeous!!!!! I love this one.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Corie! I love it just the way it is!

Becky G said...

It's beautiful just the way it is, Corie, but know you're not alone. I have the same problem!

Michelle L. said...

This so pretty! I love the color combination.

Alex said...

I think it's gorgeous, the colors look amazing together! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

~amy~ said...

Love your card corie...it's absolutely gorgeous! The mix of colors is pure perfection!

Teri said...

Corie, all of your cards are just beautiful! The color combo is perfect and love the sketch!

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous!! What a great layout!! :) TFS!!

Emily said...

This is beautiful Corie! I really like the colors and layout! This is so pretty! TFS!

Michele Kovack said...

This is really gorgeous!!

Nancy Riley said...

GORGEOUS! That designer paper is awesome, Cori!

Erica Bass said...

I really like this one! Drawing board?

I know what you mean though. Sometimes planning for the stamp a stacks and classes can take hours just coming up with the ideas!

Patti Gingrich said...

No need to go back to the drawing board. This is lovely!

Rose Ann said...

Oh....so very pretty, Corie!! I love the colors and patterned papers!!