Saturday, January 24

SFYTT

I visited Taylor's Site this morning, and she has 8 (yes you read that correctly -- 8) sketch challenges for everyone. She is celebrating a year of cup cake challenges. Well I was a little over whelmed. All of those cards are absolutely stunning!!! I know I am my own worst critic, but I didn't think I could create a card that would do any justice. Does anyone else every feel that way, or am I being to hard on myself? Don't worry I will try later, I just couldn't do it this morning.


So I went over to i{heart}2 stamp. Jen has another Sketch for You To Try challenge, she creates a new sketch every Saturday.

I looked through my non-SU designer paper -- (I am trying to use what I already have before I buy more) -- and I found this DP from Basic Grey, it is called Stella Ruby. I stamped this image and started coloring with my Sharpie markers again. I punched the scalloped circle out with my extra large Marvy punch. Then turned it slightly and punched again. I have done this many times with my SU punch, but I have never done with with my Marvy punch. I like this way for guy/boy cards, the scallop looks to girly.

So what do you think? Is the Sharpie thing working? I promised myself if I continue to "color" cards I can justify purchasing some Copics. I am a little chatty today, sorry for the rambling. :)

Stamps: Walk About Wally (High Hopes Stamps)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, White (Paper Trey Inc.), Stella Ruby DP
Inks: Staz On Black, Sharpie Markers, River Rock, Chocolate Chip (marker)
Extras: Marvy punches, 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Natural Hemp, Tool Kit, sponge dauber, dimensionals

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhh, I like it!

Regina said...

Fabulous card!! The coloring with Sharpie Marker is wonderful!

Pegg S said...

So adorable! I'm going to try to do some of Taylor's sketches too. I don't know if I can finish all of them -that's quite a task for me!

Heather P. said...

Awesome! Love your coloring. :)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Love this little nature boy.

Julia Aston said...

Super colors on this! can't believe you used Sharpie's to color this - I would expect much darker color - you did a wonderful job coloring this cute image! what a fun boy card!

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute,and the colors work perfectly with that image!! Wonderful coloring, and I love your flag sentiment!!

Little C's Creations said...

wow... another cute one!! Love your color combo, that ribbon looks velvety

Michelle L. said...

How adorable! The coloring looks terrific. You would do great with Copics.

Joey said...

oooh this is gorgeous, he is so cute love the papers you have matched him up with gorgeous colouring. joey xxx