Monday, December 15

My Other Holiday Card

Here is the other card that I am sending out. I created 38 of these yesterday. Can you see why I ran out of Riding Hood Red Card Stock. I am not a red person, but I seem to like this shade.


I ended up making 74 cards yesterday, and I am so tired. The sad part is that I have about 50 more to go. I hate leaving this to the last minute, but this year was a doozy. I think I am going to start my card for next year in January.

I made several cards earlier with this technique of masking the house in the trees from Lovely as a Tree. I loved this idea, but I wanted a little something extra. So I colored the windows in with the Barely Banana marker, and I colored the wreath in with the Real Red Marker. This card looks so much better IRL, but I hope you like it anyway.

Stamps: To You and Yours, Lovely as a Tree.
Paper: Riding Hood Red, River Rock, Whisper White, Dots and Dashes and Holiday Treasures DP
Inks: River Rock, Riding Hood Red
Extras: Barely Banana and Real Red Markers, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Rectangle punch.

10 Comments:

Alex said...

This is beautiful Corie! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Paula said...

All the cards look really nice, Corie. You sure are busy, that's a lot of cards!

Rita said...

Wow, you are a busy little beaver turning out all these great looking cards! I luv this card Corie! I luv that you added color to the windows & the wreath, it really makes this card pop & gives it an awesome look! I may try this for next year!

Regina said...

Thanks so much for your kind words and for stopping by my blog.
This card is lovely! So many cards you have worked? I am impressed!!!
You have a wonderful blog and I love all the great ideas you share!You do amazing work.
Greetings Regina from Germany

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Corie!! I love that image and pretty colors & papers!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the "scene" you've created with your stamps.

Carla said...

Corie, this is absolutely spectacular!! Your masking is incredibly well done! I've never seen LAAT used this way, I think it's brilliant!!

Emily said...

Wow! this is gorgeous! Love the red wreath and the lighted windows. Great masking! TFS!

Shelly said...

This card is beautiful, Corie! I can't believe how many cards you made...that is crazy! You go girl! Thank you for your kind words about the baby, I appreciate it more than you know. I can't imagine going through it four times, hugs! Thanks again for the encouragement and have a wonderful Christmas!

Julia Aston said...

This is just lovely! I can't believe you made so many in one day!