Thursday, November 13

Lovely Home

I have had this idea in my head for a while. I was wondering what it would look like if I stamped the house from the To You and Yours stamp set "inside" the trees from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set. I love it -- I stamped the house and then masked it to stamp the trees -- So simple.


I am not in love with this card, but it is getting there. This picture does not do it justice either -- River Rock is so difficult to photograph.
I saw this from Laura, and I had to try that River Rock DP with Red. So I tried this weeks sketch challenge with this DP and red. I could not get the 3 squares to work, so this is what I came up with. I will try the sketch again later.

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, To You and Yours
Paper: Riding Hood Red, River Rock, Whisper White, and Dots and Dashes DP
Inks: River Rock, Riding Hood Red
Extras: Scallop edge punch, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon I

11 Comments:

Melissa said...

Ack! I love it!

Many Blessings,
M.

Michelle L. said...

That is a truly lovely card, Corie! Great idea and execution!

Allison Rankin said...

Oh gosh Corie...so CASing this!

Deborah said...

This is smashing! Deb

~amy~ said...

Absolutely FABulous Corie!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how clever of you. Lovely as a Tree is one of my favorites & I never thought of doing this. Great imagination!!

Juanita said...

What a sweet little scene you have built here!

Shannon McGann said...

It looks gorgeous! What a great idea! The house looks so cozy snuggled up in the trees!

Anonymous said...

I love this card. Very clever to put the two stamp sets together, and I like the red scallops. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Corie! I love the contrast of colors and the two images together look fabulous!

michelle sturgeon said...

This is just gorgeous!