Friday, June 20

I CASEd Myself

I created this card for one of the SCS sketch challenges. I really like how this card turned out so I decided to CASE myself using Guava instead of Sky. I think it turned out OK, but I like the Sky better. What do you think?


I used the stylus to dry embossed the flower. On the leaves made the vein in the leaves with the stylus and then colored it in with an old olive marker. On the flower centers I created dots with the stylus, and then colored them in with a chocolate chip marker. It really makes them more dimensional.

Stamps: So Many Scallops
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Afternoon Tea DP
Ink: Groovy Guava, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Extras: 5 petal, Scallop & 3/4" circle punches, stylus, dimensionals, Chocolate grosgrain ribbon

8 Comments:

Julie Mutch said...

Hi Corie, this is so nice, I love the sketch and the colours are so nice together. Great job - tfs! :)

Allison Rankin said...

I recognized this card right away since i had cased it before! Great job!

Melissa said...

I'm no help because they are bot lovely!

Many Blessings,
M.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Corie, wonderful card with awesome colours. Love the idea of embossing the flowers. Great case LOL!

Linda McClain said...

I love that dry embossing is making a comback - this is freakin' adorable. You just took "so many scallops" to a new level.

Heather said...

Your card turned out great (must be the good inspiration!) I especially like the colors.

Glad to know I am not the only one who has cased myself!

Deborah said...

I love them both! Deb

Rose Ann said...

What a beautiful trio of flowers!! Wonderful card!!