Tuesday, April 15

WSC43

Here is my card for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. This was a simple sketch, but it seems sometimes these are the most difficult to do.


I used the resist stamping technique on this card. I stamped the large flower with black staz on ink and the small star burst with versamark. Then I brayered pretty in pink ink over the entire piece of glossy card stock. I used a sponge dauber to ink up the centers of the flowers with purely pomegranate ink. Then I used a pencil eraser to stamp the centers of the star bursts with regal rose. I used my white gel pen to put white dots in the centers of the star bursts.

Stamps: One of a Kind
Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black, Glossy White
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Black Staz on, Versamark
Extras: Sponge Daubers, Pencil Eraser, Corner Rounder punch, White taffeta ribbon, brayer, adhesive pearls.

32 Comments:

Alhambra Club said...

A very Pretty Card

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful Corie!!! Thanks for the reminder about this technique ;)

Amanda Kennedy said...

GORGEOUS - LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this technique - your card is gorgeous!

Nancy Riley said...

WOW Corie! This card is spectacular! The colors are fantastic, and the resist technique worked beautifully!

Melissa said...

Fabulous Corie!

Many Blessings,
M.

Lauren said...

This is beautiful. The pearls are the perfect touch!

Misty said...

You did a great job! Come on by for a chance at some Blog Candy.
Misty

Libby Hickson said...

This is so pretty Corie, I love it!!

Teri said...

What a beauty! Love this, Corie!

Little C's Creations said...

you did good, girl! i love it - it looks like something very tasty!!

big hugs,
Jen

Rita said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!!

Silli said...

It`s so beautiful...Love it!

Anonymous said...

Corie, this is such a beautiful card! I love all the pearls on it, too!

Heather said...

Sharp looking card! I love the color combo too.

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!!

Alex said...

This is gorgeous girl, I totally love this!! I need to do this again - thanks for the reminder!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

~amy~ said...

Oh-so-very-pretty!!!

Brenda said...

Beautiful card, I love the colors.
Brenda

Lori Barnett said...

Beautiful!! Just Beautiful!!

Hey....I posted my first ever blog candy :) make sure and check it out. yippee!! I love sharing.

L8ybug2 said...

Well done! I love it.

Risa said...

You did a fantastic job making this design and your card is beautiful!
malieta:)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

TOO funny! My friend Kim picked this on scs as her favourite of all of the cards to send as an ecard for my bday, then...I came here this morning and found out it's yours! You are SO good! Love the colours and the resist :0) Mel

Lee said...

Just beautiful!! I love your colors and the pearls!! Wonderful!!

Tracy.H said...

Wow! Beautiful!! :0)

Michelle L. said...

Wow - that turned out so fabulous!

kathleenh said...

Corie, this is a gorgeous card! The paper looks like dp. I love the pearls in the middle of the flowers and on the greeting block. So pretty!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

OOOO... very pretty.

:-)

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful! I love the colors and pearls!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute card love the colors and the accents! -Samantha

Becky G said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Chrissy D said...

I do not have this stamp set but I am thinking I need it! :) Love this card! beautiful! TFS!