Wednesday, April 16

WSC43 & CC161

I chickened out on the color challenge last week -- Real Red, Night of Navy, and Glorious Green. I could not think of anything but Christmas. Then I saw Beate's Weekend sketch challenge and her Thumping technique post and a light bulb went off.


Sometimes I think my stampin' ladies get overwhelmed with all the layers that I normally do on my cards. This is a really simple card, anyone could do this card. I colored the Pretty Petal background stamp with my markers and then stamped it on whisper white -- that's it. I colored the happy birthday stamp too. So what do you think cute huh? Looks like I need to change the blade on my cutter -- yuck.

Stamps: Pretty Petal (BG)
Inks: Real Red, Night of Navy, Glorious Green (all markers)
Paper: Night of Navy, Glorious Green, Whisper White
Extras: None

19 Comments:

Melissa said...

Way to go Corie! I chickened out and haven't even contemplated doing it again!

Many Blessings,
M.

Lee said...

TOTALLY adorable!!! Oh man that was a hard color challenge for sure!! This thumping technique is great......I've gotta try that!!

Alhambra Club said...

This is so pretty, love how you did the sentiment.

Heather said...

Nice card. And a double challenge! Nice work.

Tracy.H said...

Very pretty! Actually, when I saw Beate's tutorial...I had to have this stamp too...should be here tomorrow!! Can't wait to play with this one. :0)

L8ybug2 said...

Love it! Corrie you did a fantastic job. This is the first time I've seen this background stamp, now I have to get one.
Blessings, Rita

michelle sturgeon said...

LOVE your card, Corie!

Paula said...

Corie, this came out really nice! That color combo is very pretty.

kathleenh said...

Pretty! I'm with you on the simple. Most of my customers want cute and simple. They appreciate the more elaborate cards but most of them aren't going to make them.

Lori Barnett said...

What a great card! Love the colors :) So....your cutter blade did that to the edges?? It looks like you did it on purpose.

Deb Neerman said...

This rocks, Corie! Love that DP!!

~Hugs, Deb

Deb Neerman said...

Wowza, just re-read this post: you made that bg paper?!? Amazing!

Risa said...

I love that color combo and your card rocks Corie!
malieta:)

Alex said...

I love this Corie - just really pretty! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

FAbulous Corie! Love these colours on your card...wonderful with the blossoms and the sentiment done with markers...they seem so much less overwhelming. I chickened out...not even gonna go there. I'll look at your card instead!

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty, Corie! I love how you've colored the flowers and sentiment stamps with the multi colors!!

Silli said...

Its so pretty Corie, I love the colorcombo...:-) Have a nice day!

Carla said...

Corie, those would be hard colors for me, too! You did a terrific job here, this is a great card for your girls to make, and for anyone to receive!

CeeCee said...

Beautifully done, Corie. It does not look like Christmas at all! I like the simplicity of it. You let the background pattern speak. Very beautiful!
CC