Saturday, March 8

Wisdom from Justin

I am rambling this morning, so excuse the log post.

I uploaded a few of my cards to SCS this past week. I have been a member of their fan club since last summer, but I have never uploaded any of my cards. You see ALL those ladies are so incredibly talented, and I was a little scared and intimidated. I know others like my creations, but I see all the boo boos. You know the saying -- I am my own worst critic.

OK, the point of my story is that I was talking with Justin (my 12 year old) last weekend. He is going through something (don't know what). He has lost all confidence in himself -- I think it is the puberty thing. I was trying to get him to see all the wonderful things that he does, and what a truly inspiration person he is. Well you know he had to turn it around on me. He pointed out how all my SU ladies, and many of you all compliment me on my creations. I have a difficult time believing that my creations are beautiful. The point he was trying to make was that I have a difficult time accepting compliments, and believing in myself. So he know where he gets it from -- I guess--I have no problem believing in others, but doing it for myself is just something I guess I need to work on. Smart kid huh?

So I decided to upload my cards. I am so proud of myself for doing this. I have met so many new ladies, and the response from everyone on SCS has been just so humbling. So if any of you have been feeling the same thing just do it -- or as Shelli says "Just Make It Happen".

I have a quote on the top right hand side of this site that really says it all. Use what talent you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." ---Henry Van Dyke Libby had posted it a long time ago, but I think we all need to print it off and read it every day!!!

I think I am done rambling now, so here are a few more captivating creations

This little box is just the cutest with the chick and egg.
Jill has created the most
precious cards with punches.
This is just FANTASTIC –
look what Mary did with here SAB set. I am so going to CASE this!! For some reason I cannot comment on this post so I just wanted to say What a great idea.
Debbie is definitely one of the queen bees –
you can see why here.

7 Comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

Way to go, Corie! What is your SCS name? I want to go check it out!
You've got a pretty smart kid there!

Dawn Easton said...

Hey Corie!

I'm glad you uploaded to SCS too! I don't get a lot of time to browse through the galleries there. I thought blogging took a long time....whew I could spend days on SCS and never be caught up.
The girls on SCS are really nice.

Hope you have a fabulous Saturday!

Tanis said...

Yay for you!! I'll say you should believe in your creative genious :)
You ROCK!! And the girls at SCS will shortly confirm that for you :)

Rita said...

Congrats to you girl! I luv your cards, as a matter of fact I cased a card from you (Not quite color challenge card that you did on tuesday) I will be posting that card sometime next week. I had that same paper & ribbon. Take a look next week. I loved it so much I had to make one for a friend that would luv it, it's so her kind of card! Thanks for inspiring me girl!

Allison Rankin said...

How could you second-guess yourself? Those cards you did for the swap before Christmas were the bomb...seriously, mine suck in comparison...I just don't care what people think...ha ha!

Linda McClain said...

Corie - It sounds like there's another accomplishment you should be very proud of. You've raised a very insightful and sentivie young man. Congratulations on your SCS gallery - it Rocks!

Teri said...

Congrats Corie! Your cards are always fantastic! hugs, Teri