Friday, March 14

Weekend Sketch Challenge #39 & LSC159

This is for Beate's Weekend Challenge. She is up to #39 -- WOW. When I first looked at this sketch, I was going to do another card with the Morning Soft stamp set. Then I thought you all might be sick of seeing that set. So I decided to go in the complete opposite direction and do a guy card.


Winds of Grace is my go-to set for guy cards, so here it is. I stamped the sentiment and the image in Timber Brown (staz on) ink. I used my blender pen to blend the ink on the sails and the boat. Then I water colored the sea with Brocade Blue. I sponged creamy caramel around the edges to soften the look.

The Limited Supplies challenge on SCS today was to create a card without using tools. I think that this one qualifies, do blender pens and paint brushes count as tools?

Stamps: Winds of Grace
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Confetti Cream, Recollections DP (retired)
Inks: Timber Brown, Brocade Blue, Creamy Caramel
Extras: Paint brush, blender pen, sponge, dimensionals.

13 Comments:

Rita said...

This card is great for a male! It's so beautiful, I luv it Corie!!!

Charlene said...

Beautiful card! I really need to invest in some stamps more geared towards men.

Dawn Easton said...

Corie, this is beautiful! I've been thinking of this ordering this set and you've sold me on it! What a fantastic masculine card!

Fe-Fe said...

Very sophisticated. Love this card.

Elizebeth said...

You are so good at masculine cards! This is fantastic!

Deborah said...

Corie, Your Winds Of Grace cards are always one of my favorties! I was so blessed once to received one of them in a swap! I love it! Hugs, Deb

Cheryl KVD said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors!!
Cheryl

Little C's Creations said...

you always do great guy cards, C! I love it... love the soft frame you've put around your image... I gotta start on some guy cards too, because Daddy's day is right around the corner!!!

hugs,
Jen

Alhambra Club said...

This card is fantstic

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Awesome guy card! LOVE IT!
:-)

Lee said...

Oh wow........how elegant and serene!! That recollections dp is gorgeous!!

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful, and a perfect masculine card!!

Becky G said...

What a wonderfully masculine card! I love it!