Sunday, March 30

CC159

This is a thank you card for one of my buddies. I used the colors from this weeks color challenge -- Whisper White, Soft Sky, Basic Grey.


My idea for this card started out sooooo different, but I think it turned out OK. I wanted to do the sketch challenge too, but I do not think this qualifies -- I changed it a little too much. My idea was to use the brayer technique with this stamp set, but that did not work either.

Stamps: Essence of Love, Sentiment (Hero Arts)
Inks: Soft Sky, Basic Grey
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Basic Grey
Extras: Corner Rounder Punch, sponge, White Organdy ribbon, Adhesive Rhinestones (K&C Company)

17 Comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very pretty - I like how it turned out!

Charlene said...

Beautiful card! Love the colours...so pretty.

Alex said...

this card is gorgeous, girl!! I totally love the soft look and feel of this one, the colors rock!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Heather P. said...

This is so pretty!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous! I love that stamp with the soft distressing and all the gems! (and my favourite colours... WoW! :0)

Rita said...

Beautiful card Corie!

michelle sturgeon said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love the sentiment!

Deborah said...

Stunning Corie! The soothing colors and love the sentiment you used! Deb

Alhambra Club said...

I don't know what you started out doing but your finished card is fantstic, it is beautiful.

Risa said...

Hello Corrie,
Thank you so much for all of your kind and uplifting words during my time of sorrow. I am very blessed!
I love the results of your card. It is beautiful!
malieta:)

Allison Rankin said...

Me loves it...this set rocks!

Tanis said...

That happens to me SO often!! I start off with something in mind and end up with something completely different. This turned out awesome though :) I love the tone on tone!

Heather said...

This is very beautiful. Great job with the color challenge.

Lee said...

Ooooo.......but I LOVE your changes to the sketch!! And you absolutely did an amazing job on the CC!!! It's FANtastic!!!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous card! I LOVE the colors!

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful!! I am loving these colors together, and need to use them. They look so lovely on your card! Love the bling too!

Jessica said...

this card is wonderful! i love it!