Sunday, February 24

This is another card that I created with the For Father Stamp Set. I just love this set, it reminds me so much of my beloved Dakota.


I stamped the image with Timber Brown Staz on ink. Then I colored in the image with SU's crayons. This is the first time that I have used my crayons. I blended everything in with my blender pen and a paint brush. I wanted the lines to be more defined, so I traced over them with my chocolate chip marker.

I am not to sure how I like the DP on this card, but I love all the eyelets. Yippee for the Crop-A-Dial.

Stamps: For Father
Inks: Timber Brown Staz On, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip Marker
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Old Olive, Outlaw DP
Extras: Crop-A-Dial, Silver Eyelets, Ticket Corner and Word Window Punches, Crayons, Blender Pen, Paint Brush

19 Comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Corie! This card is BEAUTIFUL! You did a FANTASTIC job colouring the image with your crayons!! WOW! I like the DP on there...great choice!

Paula said...

Amazing card, Corie! Love the colors and all the eyelets really add to the design.

Tanis said...

Another great one! i love the ribbons and the way you tied the sentiment up!

Tracy.H said...

What a great creation! I love this layout too...might have to try it myself. :0)

Stampin' Meg said...

I couldn't help myself-I actually said "awwww" out loud when I saw this card!

Risa said...

I love your card Corie! The paper and the coloring is awesome. I also love your placement of the eyelets...very nice!
malieta:)

Denise said...

card is so adorable, thanks for sharing

Alhambra Club said...

What an adorable card, love your coloring and the papers you used. That stamp is too cute.

Deborah said...

Love this version too Corie! Beautiful card! Was Dakota the wonderful dog that passed away not that long ago? I am such the dog fan (larger breeds)I was raised with German Shep's and we have always had them since. One thing for sure, they don't get under foot, they step on your foot! Ouch! (wink)! Keep them coming! Deb

Cheryl KVD said...

AAAwwww! So cute! I love the design and colors!
Cheryl

Ila said...

This is Gorgeous!! I love your coloring and design!! I am so now starting to love this set!!

Janine said...

How gorgeous !!!

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful card, and darling image!! Your coloring looks fantastic!!

Becky G said...

Corie, this card is fabulous! I love that image and the way you did the ribbon! Your coloring looks wonderful!

dasimonds said...

Adorable Card!!!
cute..cute stamp..
Mine should be arriving soon!

Alex said...

This is stinkin' adorable - totally love this set and have yet to ink mine up! You have inspired me to get it out though - your card is darling and I really love how you used the ribbon! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Awesome card Corie. What a great way to remember your Dakota.

:-)

Anonymous said...

I love the coloring on your cards, you are very talented! I like how you tied the ribbon, too!

Erin Bigler said...

Are you kidding? The dp is simply AWESOME here. The whole thing goes together beautifully. TFS!