Saturday, October 6

Holiday Cards

Several ladies have emailed me asking for instructions to my Holiday Cards that I created for my SWAP. I am going to post the instructions here, so it is easier for me.


Seasons of Joy Card

Stamps: Seasons of Joy, Fine Lace BG Inks: Handsome Hunter, Night of Navy (Marker and Craft ink) Paper: Soft Sky, Night of Navy, Handsome Hunter, Whisper White, Shimmery Silver Extras: Heat Gun, Powder Pal Tray, Clear and Hologram Highlights Embossing Powder, Ticket Corner Punch, Silver Brads, Dimensionals
  1. Score and fold whisper white (5 1/2" x 8 1/2") cs.

  2. Stamp Fine Lace BG on 3 pieces of soft sky (1 1/2" x 3 7/8") cs using night of navy craft ink.

  3. Emboss all 3 pieces with hologram embossing powder.

  4. Punch corner of night of navy (1 5/8" x 4") cs using the ticket corner punch.

  5. Attach soft sky pieces to night of navy pieces, and then to front of card.

  6. Ink word block stamp with handsome hunter and night of navy markers (see demo), and stamp image on whisper white (2 1/2" x 2 5/8")cs.

  7. Attach whisper white cs to night of navy (2 5/8" x 2 3/4") cs, then to handsome hunter (2 3/4" x 3") cs, and then to whisper white (2 7/8" x 3 1/8") cs.

  8. Stamp tree on scrap of shimmery silver cs using handsome hunter craft ink.

  9. Emboss tree with clear embossing powder, and cut out.

  10. Attach brads and tree, place one brad through center of tree star.

  11. Attach to card using dimensionals.

6 Comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love how you did the background in 3's, that that sentiment stamp is great.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your cards are so awesome, Corie. My envies came in for my 5 x 5 cards so I'm ready to mail them out. Can you skip over to my blog and e-mail me your address? I contacted the ladies in my group. Did the last lady, in my group, participate? Does she have a blog? I would like to contact her to get her address. This was an awesome swap. I borrowed a girlfriend's set, so it was fun using something different from what I have. My card is 5 x 5 and is a gate fold. It was so much fun making this card. Thanks for hosting.

Hugs,

Beth

Debby Winters said...

What a great card! So pretty! I love the background panels...they look like a swirly snow storm.

Corinna is Stamptopia.com said...

Now that is a beautiful card!

michelle sturgeon said...

All of our swap cards were great!
I particularly like the back panels on your card!

Samm said...

Wow, this is stunning!!!

Samm
x