Monday, September 17

Today is the Correct Day

Today is my 13th Wedding Anniversary. Some days it seems like such a short time, and other days it seems like forever. (KWIM). Since it is Monday, I doubt that we end up doing anything special. I do believe the boys are making us dinner. The boys are 11 and 8 -- so it will be interesting to see what we have. My bet is on Spaghetti. I did wake up to a dozen roses, and a GREAT BIG kiss -- no complaints here!!


Here is the card that I made for hubby. I used the Winds of Grace stamp set. I think this will be my new "guy" set, since Balmy Breezes has been retired. I stamped the image with Timber Brown Staz On, and then water colored it in. The boat is a combo of creamy caramel, more mustard, and close to cocoa. The sail is a combo of sahara sand and blush blossom. I used the layout from the SC140 sketch challenge again. The sentiment is from PaperTrey Inks. They have the best sentiments -- the majority of their sentiments fit in all the "frames" (hodgepodge hardware, word window and oval punches). Not sure if you can tell my the picture, but the NQN layer is stamped with leaves.

Thanks for stopping by -- BIG SMILES

Stamps: Winds of Grace, Country Blessings (retired) Faux Ribbon (papertrey) Inks: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom, Soft Sky, Timber Brown Staz on Paper: Confetti Cream, Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip Extras: paint brush, Twill tape, Hemp, Hodgepodge hardware, distressing tool

29 Comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

That card is STUNNING!!

Enjoy your special day!

Traveling Mama said...

I really like this card. There is a lot of depth to it and yet there is a simplicity about it. TTF and Happy Anniversary!

kathleenh said...

Happy anniversary Corie! Great job on a masculine card. They are always a little tricky.

michelle sturgeon said...

Happy Anniversary, Corie!

Jessica said...

Wow! Great card. Happy anniversary too!!

Shelly said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I love this card, the colors and layout are great. Enjoy your spaghetti! *smiles* That's so sweet!

Crafty in Calgary said...

Happy Anniversary. You will have to let us know how dinner goes! ;)

What a great card, I am sure he will love it!

Erica Bass said...

Have a happy Anniversary! I love how the card turned out! I have a hard time coming up with masculine ideas.

(so glad I found your site!)

Tina said...

Super fantastic card.

Tina

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

The card is a fantastic masculine card.

I hope your dinner is great!

Anonymous said...

Love the card and Happy Anniversary!!! :)

My Paper World said...

Wow! this is really stunning!

Unknown said...

what a great guy card! I LOVE it! Happy anniversary to you both! Usually it's the man that forgets the date...lol. Enjoy your supper with youf "men"! And yes of course we're friends! Don't forget to post the more information about yourself! I'll be checking back to learn new things about you!

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary! Great card

Melissa said...

Many Blessings on your special day!

Shannon McGann said...

Happy Anniversary, Corie! Congratulations on 13 years! That's a great card you made for you DH. Very masculine, and the sentiment says it all. TFS.

The Cryer Family said...

Gorgeous card - I love all the texture in it

kathy said...

Love the card. The colors are just so stunning. Happy Anniversary

Risa said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CORIE!
The card for your husband is great!! I hope you enjoy your dinner and your day. (I think your boys making dinner is so cute)
Malieta:)

Alhambra Club said...

Happy Anniversary, your card is fantastic.

Dottie K. said...

Great card! Happy Anniversary! I'm sure your going to love dinner with two great boys making it. :)

Nancy Riley said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! The card you made for him is REALLY nice! I bet he loved it! How fun that you received roses, and dinner from your boys!

Anonymous said...

This is such a great masculine card, I am sure he'll love it!!!

Michele Kovack said...

Such a fantastic card! Happy Anniversary! I will be married 15 years in May...and I agree sometimes it feels like just yesterday that we got married, and somedays...usually when I am pissed at him...it feels like forever! Fortunately, I don't get pissed often! Hope your day was special!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Hi Corie! Happy Anniversary!! Sorry I missed it yesterday but I hope you had a wonderful day!! Fantastic card!!

Debby Winters said...

Happy Anniversary...a day late but the wishes are true! Love your card...this set is on my wish list!

Debbie G said...

Congrats on your anniversary. This is a beautiful card and I love your image and you did a wonderful job of watercoloring it!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

What a handsome anniversary card! Roses and a kiss... what a lovely gift and luxury.

Have a wonderful day!
:-)

Rose Ann said...

I know I'm late on your anniversary wishes, but I wish you well anyhow. That is so sweet of the boys you make you dinner!

I love your sailboat card! Beautiful coloring, and I love the whole layout. Wow!