Sunday, September 2

Request from Grandpa (my daddy)

My Dad called me this week at work, and scared the **** out of me. He NEVER calls me at work, maybe email, but he called my work cell phone. Well after making sure that he and my Mom were fine, I think my heart started beating normally. He was calling to ask me to make a Thank you card for a buddy of his. I was so floored, you see he isn't in to the card making stuff.


This is the first card that I have made for him. I figure I will make a few so he can have a selection to choose from. The card needed to have a Golf theme so I used the Back Nine retired set from SU!. I stamped the image with Timber Brown Staz on ink. Then I highlighted all the circles with the white pencil, and all the lines with the dark brown pencil. (Note: Thanks to Sarah for the pencils!!!) Then I water colored the rest of the image.

Well what do you think?

Stamps: The Back Nine, Riveting, Dotted, Linen Inks: Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky, River Rock, Blush Blossom, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Going Grey, Timber Brown Staz On Paper: Confetti Cream, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou Extras: Distressing tool, Corner Rounder, 1" & 1 1/4" circle punches, dimensionals, paint brush, primsacolor pencils


26 Comments:

Little C's Creations said...

it's great, Cor! I love it!!! Such a great man-kind card. Your daddy will love it.

Hugs,
Jen

Alhambra Club said...

I think it is great, how wonderful that your father has asked you to make a card, sounds like you have a new regular customer.

Linda SS said...

FABULOUS card...will be a "hit" for sure:)

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! He'll love it!

Libby Hickson said...

What a great card! And so cool that your dad thought of you instead of Hallmark.

Tina said...

Of course, this is fantastic. How great that your dad wanted you to do it for him.

Tina

Tracy.H said...

WOW! Your dad will love it! :0)

Shannon McGann said...

This is a great card! I'm sure your dad will love it! Beautiful colouring!

Deborah said...

It's a hole in one for sure! Deb

Teri said...

Hey Corie, Love this card!! I always have a hard time creating a "manly" card.

Risa said...

Corie, this card is fantastic! I love the theme and the colors. You did a fantastic job and I know your dad's friend will just LOVE it!

Sharon said...

Wonderful, wonderful card! Great colors.

kathleenh said...

A very handsome card! How sweet that your dad asked you to stamp his friend something. I think he's going to love it!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Hi Corie! I'm sure your Dad is going to love this card for his buddy! You did a wonderful job on the watercolor!

Jan Scholl said...

Man, I wish there were some good running stamps as everyone I know runs, jogs, race walks etc. but this is wonderful. Send one to Tiger Woods-be he'd luv it!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Awesome job, Corie. I can never use this set as well as I'd like. Clearly you captured the essence of this stamp.

~* Tracy *~ said...

You've made a wonderful card here! I'd fall over if my dad asked me to make cards for him! LOL

Julie Mutch said...

Hi Corie,

I think I'd be floored if my Dad called asking me to make a card for him, too! lol :) This is an awesome card that you've made! I'm sure he'll love all the cards that you come up with for his friend... honestly I think this one would more than do it, though! Great job! :)

Hugs,
Julie

michelle sturgeon said...

OMG! This is AMAZING! LOVE all the detail! You outdid yourself, Corie!

Anonymous said...

I think I love it!!!!! Great masculine card!

Traveling Mama said...

This is fantastic!!

Leigh said...

Love this card!!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...another great guys' card! Love the layout, and your coloring is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this card!!! Beautiful work!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

You really out did yourself. This is a wonderful design and the coloring is outstanding! WONDERFUL!
:-)

Linda McClain said...

Your card is incredible. You will always be glad you did this for your Dad, and your Dad will never forget. Great job!