Wednesday, September 12

Not a Reject

I know I have been posting my Holiday SWAP rejects --and I have 3 more rejects-- but I thought you all might like to see a non-reject. I know all my rejects are OK, but I wanted a FANTASTIC card for the SWAP. I think I probably went overboard, but this is my first time hosting a SWAP. I hope you all like it. I am not sure which group this one will be for.


I used the "cracked glass" image from one of the rejects. I stamped the holly branches from the Peaceful Wishes stamp set on the DP instead of using the french script. Then I used the layout from last weeks sketch challenge. I love that sketch with ribbon -- so pretty. I embossed the sentiment with gold, and the rest is self explanatory.

Stamps: Sleigh Bells Ring, Peaceful Wishes Inks: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Rose Red, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, River Rock, Always Artichoke, Timber Brown Staz On. Paper: Confetti Cream, Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, Holiday Harmony DP Extras: Paint brush, corner rounder punch, gold brads, glassy glaze and gold embossing powders, heat gun, dimensionals, theater and burgundy ribbon, gold elastic cord.

21 Comments:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Stunning!

Julie Mutch said...

This is definitely a WOW card!!! Gorgeous, Corie! Someone will be very happy to get this one from the swap! Great job! :)

Heather P. said...

This is incredible!!! Love all the little details. :)

Anonymous said...

This one is gorgeous! I LOVE cracked glass!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my! Wishing I had signed up now...your card is AWESOME!

kathleenh said...

Corie, this is fantastic! I LOVE that cracked glass with this set. It is so elegant and beautiful!!! I know what you mean about wanting a really great card intead of just a good card. I always feel that way about my swaps.

Alhambra Club said...

This is fantastic, love the cracked glass and the silver embossed sentiment is great.

Michele Kovack said...

This is utterly gorgeous! WOW!!

Melissa said...

Um - are you kiddin' me? Please tell me this is part of MY swap! This is simply stunning!

Becky G said...

Another amazing Corie creation! Just beautiful!

Fe-Fe said...

wow! That's stunning. I love the backing paper and the stamp is gorgeous.

Risa said...

Corie......this card is fabulous!!!!
You did a great job on this card.
Malieta:)

michelle sturgeon said...

Well, this card is lovely. It really is. But I REALLY loved the last one. I mean I REALLY loved it! LOL!

Shelly said...

This IS fantastic! Beautiful card, Corie, simply stunning!

Leigh said...

fantastic card Corie.

Rita said...

I love the way this card came out, awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

I was so NERVOUS about sending in my swaps....so I totally get where you are coming from!

I felt ok about them when they went out but now Im worried they arent up to par! Im guessing there are a lot of stampers out there like us.

And your crackled glass is awesome! I tried to incorporate that with my card but couldnt get the desired effect.

Libby Hickson said...

This is gorgeous!! I vote for group 1! :-)

Heidi Blankenship said...

Gorgeous!!! You said you wanted a FANTASTIC card and this is IT!!!! Love the crackled glass!!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my...this is so gorgeous!! I love the cracked glass, coloring, papers....everything!!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! I do not have this set, but have been eyeing it...after seeing this it will probably find it's way on my next order.