Friday, August 3

Sketch 133

This one is for the sketch challenge a few weeks ago. You can find the challenge here.


I have been trying to do this sketch for a while. I knew I wanted to use Wild Rose or Baroque Motiffs. So as you can see I did Wild Rose first. The DP is from Eclectic Paperie, I love this paper -- it is amazing!! I am doing 6 of these cards. I want to use the entire sheet of paper, and not waste a bit.

I stamped the background of the rose with Cameo Coral, and the outline with Ruby Red. Then I stamped over the entire flower with the Linen BG using Creamy Caramel ink. Next I embossed the background of the rose with clear embossing powder. Then I colored in the center with So Saffron. Finally I cut out the flower. It was a lot of work, but I like the effect.

Stamps: Wild Rose, Happy Everything, Linen BG Inks: Cameo Coral, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Versamark, So Saffron (marker) Paper: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, DP (retired SU!), DP (Eclectic Paperie) Extras: Heat gun, Clear embossing powder, dimensionals, ticket corner punch, chocolate ribbon

12 Comments:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Yes, indeed the cut flowers make for a wonderful effect.
:-)

Jennifer said...

Very pretty!

Heather P. said...

This is gorgeous! :)

Anonymous said...

Corie- What a nice card! I really agree that cutting out the flowers was worth the effort! :)

Michele Kovack said...

This really came out nice! Great job!

Melissa said...

Lovely!

L8ybug2 said...

Beautiful! Love it.

So Sonya said...

Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful, Corie. Your use of colour is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Lovin' all the detail!

michelle sturgeon said...

AWESOME challenge card! You do these roses so well!

Debbie G said...

A beautiful card!!