Sunday, August 26

RAK and Instructions

I received the best RAK yesterday. Teri, Big Ideas from a Little Girl, sent me a package. She did a stamp camp that was 50 cards for the Holidays. She used one of the Scrappin' Kits, some Wasabi ribbon, and Whisper White cs to make 50 holiday cards. I loved the idea!! So she was kind enough to send me her instructions, and a CD with a picture of EVERY card. Isn't she the SWEETEST thing ever? She also included this card just for me. Isn't it cute?

I said before that I was going to try to do a tutorial for this card. Then I gave you the link to Beate's tutorial. She does the best tutorials. Well I decided to post the instructions for my class. Hope these help some.




August Stampin’ Club Instructions

Stamps: Serene Sunflower, Hugs and Wishes, En François BG
Inks: Blue Bayou, River Rock, Wild Wasabi
Paper: Confetti Cream, Blue Bayou, River Rock, Wild Wasabi
Extras: Corner Rounder, 1 ¼” circle, and Word Window punches, dimensionals

1. Score and fold wild wasabi (4 ¼” x 11”) cs. Round all corner of all pieces of cs.
2. Using the word window punch, make a long slot on the front of the card along both long sides. ** see demo ** Punch a half circle in the center of the top of the card. ** see demo **.
3. Stamp En François on wild wasabi cs, using wild wasabi ink. (Ensure that the words are facing up – remember the fold is at the bottom of this card).
4. Attach the sides of card using mono. Run the strip of tape as close to the edge as possible.
5. Stamp Time/Place stamp on confetti cream (2 ½” x 4 ¾”) cs using blue bayou ink.
6. Attach confetti cream, river rock (2 ¾” x 5”) cs and blue bayou (3” x 5 ¼”) cs together.
7. Slide inside of card to see placement of the blue bayou circle (1 ¼”). Attach circle folding over all layers.
8. Attach dimensional through slots created with punch onto the confetti cream cs. Place the dimensional at the bottom of both slits. ** see demo **
9. Slide confetti cream cs up so the party information is showing. Attach dimensional through slots created with punch onto the confetti cream cs. Place the dimensional at the top of both slits. ** see demo **
10. Slide cs back into card.
11. Stamp Your Invited on confetti cream (2 ¼” x 2”) cs using blue bayou ink.
12. Round corners of river rock (2 3/8” x 2 1/8”) cs and blue bayou (2 ½”x 2 ¼”) cs. Attach confetti cream, river rock and blue bayou cs together.
13. Attach over dimensionals approximately ¼” from bottom of card. ** see demo **
14. Stamp large flower on confetti cream (3 ¼” x 3 ¾”) cs using soft sky ink. Stamp medium flower over large flower using blue bayou stamped off once. Stamp center of flower using river rock ink. Fill in spaces with leaves using wild wasabi ink.
15. Round corners of confetti cream, river rock (3 ½” x 4”) cs and blue bayou (3 ¾” x 4 ¼”) cs. Attach confetti cream, river rock and blue bayou cs together.
16. Attach to front of card using dimensionals. Run a line of dimensionals down both sides placing them as close to the edge as possible (Note: do not place dimensionals on the top or bottom – just the sides.)

9 Comments:

Dawn Easton said...

WOW what a Fantastic RAK!!!
Thanks for your instructions on that card you did! Love it!

Allison Rankin said...

Oooo...that is a great RAK! I may have to go blow kisses at Teri to see if she'll send me one!

Melissa said...

Fabulous Corie! Something beautiful and informing!

Alhambra Club said...

Now that is a RAK.

Jennifer said...

Wow - what a fun Rak! And very cute card - wish I could see the rest of them! :0)
Thanks for the instructions - that is a really cool card, and I'd love to try it! I have a difficult time figuring things out myself sometimes, so people like you who tell the rest of us how to do it - are AWESOME!!!!

Risa said...

What a fantastic RAK! She (Terri) Did a great job on it!

Teri said...

Hey Corie! Glad you received my package! Let me know how you like the cards. Mine you, they are all simple cards and at first glance, they might be a little plain for some of us gals who like to keep adding stuff on our cards, but it grew on me and now I love the cards! XOXO to you! Teri

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Awesome instructions, Corie. I'm going to try making this card today. Thank you for the wonderful inspriation. You rock!

Shannon McGann said...

Thank you so much for these awesome instructions. I've been trying to come up with a good card to make at my downline meeting, and this could be it! TFS!