Friday, August 10

Great Minds

Well great minds think alike -- isn't that how the saying goes?


I did the earth elements Santa yesterday, and I finished this one up today. On this card I used soft subtles colors. I wanted to show you how the same card can have a totally different look by changing the colors, and only the colors.

The funny thing is that Jen, Pieces of Me, had the same idea. She is running a BLOG candy challenge. She wants us to do two cards -- using the same image, but just change the colors. See what I mean -- great minds. Go check out her site!!! And best of all -- I have already done my submission for her challenge!!! (you see I am ALWAYS late)

This card is the same layout and images as yesterday's. The only thing I changed was the colors. Well, I used DP on this one instead of CS in some places.
Do you see how different the card looks with the different colors? Which one do you like best? Maybe I will do one with RR, BB, and IC to really make a difference.

Stamps: Holiday Tag Team, The Snowflake Spot Inks/Markers: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst, So Saffron, Black Staz on Paper: POP, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink Extras: Tool Kit, White gel pen, dimensionals

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute, a pink Santa!

I like this card better than the first. But I might change my mind again if I see it in the other colors....;)

Dawn Easton said...

So cute! I love to make NON-traditional Christmas cards. Changing the colours is so much fun!! Your card is awesome!

Alhambra Club said...

Love this stamp, he is too cute, it is tough decision, think I would have to go with your first card, but then I think I like the softness of the colors of the second card.

Melissa said...

I like them both a lot!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

I love this card and your original use of colors! Very nice!

Paula said...

Corie, I like both cards, but the Pretty in Pink/certainly celery is my fave! Nice stamp, too!

Samm said...

This is sooo cute! what a great card!

Samm
x

Little C's Creations said...

Hey hey hey..... awesome!!!! We do think alike, don't we?!?! Love your cards!!! Thanks for playing!!! Will post on my site later today!!!

Hugs,
Jen

Rochelle W said...

Pink Santa. Ha ha ha ha
Very cute. I love the faux stitching and the layout.