Tuesday, August 28

Another BIG smile

Here is another smiling flower card made with the Be Happy set. You know I did not like this set at all, that is -- until I started making these flowers. Now I love it. I CASEd this layout from the caddy (page 123). See it really is an ideas book.


I do not know whether you can tell, but the dot above the I is a small pearl. I purchased these pearls at Michael's. They are from K&Company, from the Wedding line. The pearls are half pearls, and they already have the adhesive on them. There are 5 different sizes, and 6 of each size for a total of 30 pearls in the package. I think they were $1.99, but I used my 40% off coupon. (I could not find anything else, and I HAD to use my coupon) I do love them, but I would not get them at full price -- I know I am cheap.

This is one of those cards that looks great IRL, but not so good in pictures. Hope you all like it.

Stamps: Be Happy, sentiment (LSS) Ink: Rose Red, Bashful Blue Paper: Certainly Celery, Whisper White, So Saffron, Cutie Pie DP Extras: Dimensionals, Slot and Tag corner punches, Celery Ribbon

21 Comments:

kathleenh said...

This is so cute! I love the pearl above the I and the way you did the greeting panel.

Anonymous said...

I think it looks very cute! Love the little pearl.

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love the pearl, thanks for the information, never know what to use my Michael's coupon on, usually wind up giving it to someone in the store, but not the next one, gonna get me some pearls, and the have the adhesive on them, what a deal

Karen said...

I love your card! I had to have some of that cutie pie paper! Adorable

Anonymous said...

Love your flower! The layout is so nice - love the pearl!

Tanis said...

TOTALLY cute! I on the other hand, loved that set and never bought it. The little pearl is perfect...your Michaels excursion sounds like something I'd do (I'm way too cheap not to use the coupon!)

June Houck said...

I love this card! I am loving these flowers you are making with those stamps. I have this stamp set, but it is still a virgin set. I am going to have to use it now! Love the pearl, and your creativity with your "just because" (yep, I've got that stamp too) tag element...genius!

corinnesomerville said...

It looks beautiful in the picture so in real life it must be drop dead gorgeous :) I love how you layered the "happy" flower. It's a great card and thanks for sharing it.

Have a great day
Corinne

Susan said...

I love it! The flower is adorable, and the cutie pie paper {i think} is just perfect.
Susan

Tina said...

I think it looks great.

Tina

Paula said...

Anither great card, Corie. Love how you used the pearls on this one, too. I'll be going to M's to get some.

Libby Hickson said...

I think this looks great in the picture - so it must be just fabulous IRL. That pearl dotting the eye is too cute!

Nancy Riley said...

GREAT card, Corie! Love the DP and the "tag" for the sentiment! Thanks for the heads up on the pearls! I MUST run out and get some!

Amanda Kennedy said...

LOVE it! This is my favorite patterned paper collection!!! I really like what you did with the slot punch!

Heather P. said...

This is such a pretty card!!

Kathy W said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for letting me know about the half pearls; didn't know you could get them at Michael's, and yes, I also am always looking for a way to use that coupon. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa said...

Beautiful Corie! And cheap is good too!

Little C's Creations said...

oh so gorgeous!!! I love how you can take a set and make so many different and beautiful creations with them. You are the queen of "Different Views". Thank you for always sharing these beauties!!!

hugs n' aloha,
Jen

Risa said...

I love your card Corrie! Great job!!

maiahs_momma said...

I just LOVE this card, love the colors :)!

~* Tracy *~ said...

I really have to get more use from my Be Happy set :) Your flowers here looks wonderful