Monday, July 2

Mostly White

There was a challenge this weekend to do a mostly white card. I am sorry, but I do not remember where I saw it. Let me know if you know. I am not sure whether this one qualifies, but here it is.

I purchased Touch of Nature a few weeks ago. Natural Beauty is retired, and I still want a bird and a butterfly. I still miss that block with all the words, but have you seen Tres Chic? I think that one might work, and it has more "inspirational" words than the Natural Beauty one.

This picture is not the greatest. I took 8 different pictures and this was the best. Sorry you can't see the butterfly IRL.

I masked a rectangle on the white, and sponged in marigold morning ink. Then I added the sentiment and doodles in chocolate chip. I stamped the butterfly with Timber brown Staz-on. Then I watercolored him in with bordering blue and marigold morning, and cut him out. Of course he is popped on dimensionals.

Stamps: Touch of Nature, Warmest Words Inks: bordering blue, marigold morning, timber brown (Staz-on) Paper: whisper white, marigold morning Extras: small paint brush, dimensionals, post-it notes, sponge

14 Comments:

Tracy.H said...

Tres Chic is one of my favs from the new catty!!

Love the card...very pretty. :0)

June Houck said...

Really lovely. You did an incredible job on that butterfly!

Allison said...

Love it Corie...another one in the "Win" column!

fran said...

This is gorgeous! I was just getting ready to tag you - when I noticed you have just been tagged! Love, love, love your art!

Laura B said...

This is so pretty..very sophisticated. Like it alot

carrie said...

Really great card, Corie. Thanks so much for sharing this great idea. I may just have to case the sponging on white idea for an upcoming workshop.

Keep up the good work!

Splashryan said...

What a gorgous card! I love that butterfly! I love the soft colors too! TFS
Tara

Paula said...

This card has a high WOW factor. It's so beautiful in it's simplicity. OK if I case it?

Michelle said...

Wow, corie, that butterfly is gorgeous! Great card!

Shannon McGann said...

Absolutely stunning! I love how you colored the butterfly. The large white background really makes the butterfly stand out. TFS.

Angel W said...

Oh, this is ADORABLE. I love butterflies!!

Rhonda said...

LOVE the butterfly!

Libby Hickson aka stampinlibby said...

This is gorgeous - perfect way to keep a lot of white, and the color you did add is just stunning.

Shelly said...

Hi Corie! This is such a beautiful card! I have this set too and love how many different looks you can have with one set. Great job!!