Monday, July 2

Mostly White

There was a challenge this weekend to do a mostly white card. I am sorry, but I do not remember where I saw it. Let me know if you know. I am not sure whether this one qualifies, but here it is.

I purchased Touch of Nature a few weeks ago. Natural Beauty is retired, and I still want a bird and a butterfly. I still miss that block with all the words, but have you seen Tres Chic? I think that one might work, and it has more "inspirational" words than the Natural Beauty one.

This picture is not the greatest. I took 8 different pictures and this was the best. Sorry you can't see the butterfly IRL.

I masked a rectangle on the white, and sponged in marigold morning ink. Then I added the sentiment and doodles in chocolate chip. I stamped the butterfly with Timber brown Staz-on. Then I watercolored him in with bordering blue and marigold morning, and cut him out. Of course he is popped on dimensionals.

Stamps: Touch of Nature, Warmest Words Inks: bordering blue, marigold morning, timber brown (Staz-on) Paper: whisper white, marigold morning Extras: small paint brush, dimensionals, post-it notes, sponge

14 Comments:

Tracy.H said...

Tres Chic is one of my favs from the new catty!!

Love the card...very pretty. :0)

June Houck said...

Really lovely. You did an incredible job on that butterfly!

Allison Rankin said...

Love it Corie...another one in the "Win" column!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! I was just getting ready to tag you - when I noticed you have just been tagged! Love, love, love your art!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty..very sophisticated. Like it alot

Anonymous said...

Really great card, Corie. Thanks so much for sharing this great idea. I may just have to case the sponging on white idea for an upcoming workshop.

Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

What a gorgous card! I love that butterfly! I love the soft colors too! TFS
Tara

Paula said...

This card has a high WOW factor. It's so beautiful in it's simplicity. OK if I case it?

michelle sturgeon said...

Wow, corie, that butterfly is gorgeous! Great card!

Shannon McGann said...

Absolutely stunning! I love how you colored the butterfly. The large white background really makes the butterfly stand out. TFS.

Angel said...

Oh, this is ADORABLE. I love butterflies!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the butterfly!

Libby Hickson said...

This is gorgeous - perfect way to keep a lot of white, and the color you did add is just stunning.

Shelly said...

Hi Corie! This is such a beautiful card! I have this set too and love how many different looks you can have with one set. Great job!!