Sunday, July 15

Cute Critter

I borrowed this stamp set from one of my Stampin' Ladies. I think it is from 2002, it looks like is was a Hostess set. The hedge hog is very cute.


I do not know where these colors came from -- Green Galore and Orchid Opulence. These are not my normal colors, for that matter this is not a normal card for me. I think it turned out cute. For the circle that he is standing on: I punched a post-it note with the small oval punch. I placed the post-it note with the punched out oval over the masked little guy and sponged on the green. I do not have one of the amuse oval stamps. I really want one, but I was hoping that SU was going to come out with one. Well I guess this works fine.

Stamps: Cute Critters, Dotted BG, On the Spot BG Ink: Blush Blossom, Summer Sun, Creamy Caramel, Green Galore, Orchid Opulence, Basic Black Paper: Green Galore, Orchid Opulence, Whisper White, Basic Black, DP (?) Extras: Black brads, ticket corner punch, dimensionals

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card is very cute and the colors are perfect for the hedgehog....I think the small oval makes a great "grounder"...I need to try this!

Alhambra Club said...

He is adorable, love those colors, green and purple are your blog colors. That is a great idea with the post it note, will have to remember it.

June Houck said...

You are right, he is cute! I just bought that circle background stamp (it arrived a few days ago.) I like that color combo too. Great job masking! I wondered how you did that. Great technique...thanks for sharing :)

Little C's Creations said...

yep, he's a cutie. your card is adorable too!!! love how the colors go together!

hugs,
Jen

Kristine said...

LOVE this!! COlors are terrific together, just like your blog ;)
And the hedgies are my all-time FAVORITES!! :)

Carrie Gaskin said...

Not my colours really but you made them look GOOD! Great job, girl.

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

This is an adorable card. I have a group in Iraq who have a hedgehog for a pet & I have requested some hedgehog cards for them....check this out. http://dddzstmpn.blogspot.com/2007/07/request.html

I'm just asking for the cards now.