Saturday, July 14

A Card For Tracie


Ok, I have not done anything on my To-Do list. I really need to get busy, but I wanted to try a card with this new stamp.

The reason I ordered the trendy ladies from Eclectic Paperie was to make some cards for my sister. You see she is the definition of Trendy. She works in a VERY trendy salon in Virginia. You know the kind that it is about $400 to get your hair done. I do have to say --being totally objective -- she is one of the best there. She just has this way of making her customer look their absolute best.

The funny thing is I think sometimes she is embarrassed when people see me. I have long hair that has no style to it, but it is easy to take care of -- you know head band or pony tail. To make matters even worse I use that temporary hair color from the grocery store to cover up the little bit of gray that I have.

Anyway this is the card. I used brilliant blue for her dress because her salon is called Blue. I do not know whether you can see, but I used the stickles on the jewelry to add bling. It looks really pretty IRL.

12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sister will love this! I love that stamp and what you did with it.
Thanks for the nice comment!

Anonymous said...

I really like this card - simple yet very elegant!

June Houck said...

Gorgeous card. You should sell your cards in her salon! I am originally from Silver Spring, MD, but currently live in Leesburg, VA. Are you from MD originally? I'm a pony tail girl too (aka "mommy hair"). When I turned 37 I had to start getting hilights to cover the gray, and so far so good. (I'm 40 now).

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, wonderful idea June had sell your cards in her shop, heck if they can pay that much for a haircut a $10 car would be a bargain.

Eleanor said...

I have this stamp but I never could make it look as pretty as your card. Love the colors. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! I do hair as well, I bet your sister will love it! Thank you for the nice comment today on my blog! I am a new blogger ans still haven't figured out how you found me on Allisons blog, but she is wonderful isn't she. Take care and have a great day!

kathy said...

Very cute. I think your sister would love it.

Laura Evangeline said...

This is very cute!

Stampernmore said...

so pretty! you made that stamp look fabulous!

Jack Fussell said...

Adorable! I love how you kept it simple!
Tina (travelingmama)

Swamp Tulip said...

I just love this card. Great job.

Teresa

Anonymous said...

I know for sure your sister loves this card, and I also know she is only embarrassed that she doent have more time to come to your area and style your hair for you so you feel beautiful everyday....Ans I know all of this because I am your sister! :)
PS. It's Bleu (you are supossed to be the smart one!)