Monday, June 18

Say Goodbye


This is probably the last card that I will make with the Balmy Breezes set. I love this set for "guy" cards, but it is retiring.

I did this card for my Dad for Father's Day. I did not get a chance to see him yesterday, but I will today. He and my Mom are taking the boys for the week. You know the week after school, before camps start. Did everyone have a nice Father's day? More importantly did your Dad's have a great day?

I used the sketch from SCS (SC128) again. I am really liking this layout. I watercolored the image.
I would like to put something in here about CASEing (Copy and Share Everything). I have recently read several posts about people upset about CASEing. I am always honored if someone would like to CASE one of my cards. When I started this site I did A LOT of CASEing. I do think it is a good way to learn. This site was going to be for "my girls" only, but now it is out there in BLOG land. I did not give credit to cards that I CASEd in the beginning. I told my girls where I found the idea, but I did not put it in here. I am currently trying to do that now. I look at so many examples, so I never know whether I have truly come up with an original idea or not. I think that it is a new idea, but it could stem from something that I have seen somewhere. So if you see a card that I have done, and you think that I CASEd you, PLEASE let me know. I will be happy to add a note to give you credit. Thanks so much!
Stamps: Balmy Breezes Inks: Summer Sun, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, Timber Brown (Staz on) Paper: Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla Extras: Dimensionals, Small Paint brush, ticket corner punch, twine, tool kit

10 Comments:

Michele Kovack said...

What a pretty card! I don't have this set, but have always admired it! Guess it doesn't matter now....sniff!

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love the colors. I wish I could say that you "cased" this from me but unfortunately I am not that talented. I must say through in the couple of months that I have been blog surfing I have learned a lot, thanks to all you talented people out there.

Anonymous said...

I love this card! I lnow what you nean about the whole casing thing. I'm fairly new to stamping so a lot of my stuff is cased. I don't know why people would be upset ( unless they are trying to claim it as there own ). They should be flattered!
TFS!

Karen said...

Love this card. The colors are so complimentary

Tracy.H said...

Great job with the sketch Challenge! Love the colors too!! :0)

Shannon McGann said...

I love this card! Great colors, and I like the layout as well! Thanks for your comments about CASEing. I agree with you completely. I CASEd everything when I first started, and I didn't worry about where I got the ideas from since I wasn't putting them on the internet. But now that I'm blogging, I do try to give credit when I borrow ideas. But like you said, sometimes you think you have an original idea, but you had seen something similar and forgotten or don't remember where it is! I'm flattered if people want to copy my cards too. Thanks for sharing.

Corinna is Stamptopia.com said...

Very pretty! I'm excited about what will come in the new catalogue! :)

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Great card! I love your watercoloring and color choices!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Corie I love the layout!!! The diagonal BG mats are totally great!

Little C's Creations said...

hey, I think you CASE'd this from ME! hahaha.. just kidding. I LOVE to CASE!!! Especially when it comes to color combo, I can't seem to do it on my own, or with that dang combo wheel... so I just CASE other people's color combo, and that works much better for me. WOW!!! I didn't realize people didn't want others CASing... I too would be FLATTERED if other's CASED my stuff!! That would be so cool, ya know?! But I guess if someone CASED me, I'd wanna be pat on the back (big time)...hahaha...so that other's can check out my stuffs too.

Anyways, I love this card! Love what you did with it. It looks so tropical and just so pretty!!! You've done a fine job here, sister!! Totally love it!!!

hugs n' aloha,
jen