Monday, July 26

How to Kill Mosquitoes

We are back from our week long camping trip. I am soooooo pooped. I do not have the energy to create a card, and I am working from home today. I thought I would share another tidbit from my Dad. You may be aware of this, but I thought it was worth looking at again. I can't wait to try this!

How to Kill Mosquitoes - NOT A JOKE

The story: A Lady was at a deck party awhile back, and the bugs were having a ball biting everyone. A man at the party sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine, and the little demons disappeared. The next year she filled a 4-ounce spray bottle and used it around her seat whenever she mosquitoes. Voila --it worked. It worked at a picnic where she sprayed the area around the food table, the children's swing area, and the standing water nearby. During the summer, she doesn't leave home without it.

Comment from someone who tried this: I tried this on my deck and around all of my doors. It works - in fact, it killed them instantly. I bought my bottle from Target and it cost me $1.89. It really doesn't take much, and it is a big bottle, too; so it is not as expensive to use as the can of Bug-spray you buy that doesn't last 30 minutes. So, try this, please. It will last a couple of days. Don't spray directly on a wood door (like your front door), but spray around the frame. Spray around the window frames, and even inside the dog house. It's EARTH FRIENDLY TOO!!

I am going to try this, I'll let you know if it works. If you try it let me know too.

Thanks for stopping by,
~Corie

9 Comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Corrie - love your blog!

I just checked snopes and the Listerine thing about mosquitoes is false :(

leslie said...

Whether true or false, who thinks to try this stuff?!

hulla said...

No joke here, either. Ants HATE windex. Unfortunately, it has to be the real windex. Other versions will kill them, but windex works longer.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to your dad, Corie. It is definitely worth trying. Thanks for sharing this idea with us.

Joan
MN

Gloria Westerman said...

I know mouth wash kills toe fungus so why wouldn't it kill those varmints....I will try this....thank you for sharing.....

Teri said...

This is good information and I will definately try it. Thanks to one of your readers about the windex for ants. We get tons of them inside and I would love to give this a try too!!

Rita said...

Let us know if it works...sounds great!

Cindy B said...

Roni where are you???
It is Aug 30th and you have not posted forever... you ok? We miss you!!! I look at your blog all the time. Love your style. Your cards are beautiful! Hope you have time to blog again soon. God Bless! Cindy B

Creative Grammie said...

I'll have to give this a try. If it doesn't work, I'll have mouth wash backup. LOL
Thanks for sharing this tip.