Sunday, July 25

APP8

It's Sunday morning, so that means it's time for another challenge from the Paper Players. This week is our Inspiration Challenge. Isn't this pottery stunning? I love the pictures that Lesley chooses for us.


The other Paper Players have created beautiful cards for the challenge. Make sure you go visit and leave some love.

LeAnne – WEEinklings
Marlene (July’s Guest Designer) – Hands On

Remember to check the site next Saturday when the winners will be announced. The winner will receive a “Headliner” badge to proudly display on their BLOG. There will also be honorable mention picks that will receive a “Cut Above” badge to proudly display on their BLOG.


I do have to admit, I had a rough time with this one. This is the 6 th card that I created. I finally decided to go with a simple card. I inked up my Vintage Wallpaper EF with Night of Navy craft ink, and then embossed a piece of Whisper White card stock with it. I love this effect, and I thought I would remind all of you about it. I colored the dots in with my Daffodil Delight tied my ribbon, attached my sentiment, and tada here is my card.

We are getting home from a week of camping tonight. I am sure I will be happy to be in my bed. Thanks for stopping by,
~Corie

Stamps: Oval All
Paper: Night of Navy, Whisper White
Inks: Night of Navy (craft and classic), Daffodil Delight (marker)
Extras: Vintage Wallpaper EF, Scallop and Large Oval punches, Dimensionals, White Organdy Ribbon

17 Comments:

leslie said...

I LOVE THIS! I must try inking my EF - never been brave enough to try it.

PS: Your Cutest Blog On The Block background expired, and there's a pesky (no image) box floating around. Happened to me, too. Just go pick another background.

Allison Rankin said...

Such a beautiful take on the inspiration piece! This folder is amazing...me want!

Lesley said...

You nailed this challenge! I was stumped at first too...love what you came up with!
Lesley :)

"LZ" Linda Z. said...

GORGEOUS!!! I sooo have to case this. This is soo pretty. Thank you for sharing!

LeAnne said...

HOLY GUACAMOLE! This is something else! It looks almost like silver from the photo---just incredible! I bow to you, oh queen of embossing folders!

Michelle L. said...

Corie, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the effect from inking the embossing folder. I will have to try that!

Anonymous said...

Very attractive card, Corie. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Joan
MN

jaydee said...

Corie
fabulous job with the challenge. I really love what you did with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.
Hugs
Jaydee

Julie Mutch said...

Corie, this is fantastic - I love it! Love how you inked up the embossing folder, it gives such an elegant look. Thanks for sharing!

Hands On said...

You rocked this challenge. For having trouble with it you totally nailed it. Lov it!

inkedx2 said...

Corie,

This is a beautiful card! Love the effect of the craft ink on the embossing folder.

Robbie

Teri said...

I am speechless! You are the queen of elegant. I totally LOVE what you did here. Whoohoo! I have this folder and will give it a try! Thanks Corie!!

Rita said...

WOW....as I pick up my jaw from the floor! This card is soooooo beautiful & elegant! The colors are so gorgeous Corie! I luv the technique you used on this one, great job!!!

Kristen Conant said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! It took my breath away!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Corrie, this is gorgeous! The embossing looks great. :o)

Colleen said...

Corey, your card is stunning! I wasn't sure I "needed" another embossing folder, but this one just went on my list.
Hugs,
Colleen

kathleenh said...

Wow, Corie, this is gorgeous! I love the effect on the embossed image!