Sunday, June 13

Paper Players Challenge #2 -- APP02

I am camping with the boys again. I think I am a glutton for punishment -- I really don't like camping. I keep telling myself that I am a good mommy to do this for my boys. I hope they appreciate it some day :o).

I set this post up on Friday before we left, so I hope it comes out OK. I set the links to go to the other "Player's" home page. I will fix them so they go to the actual card when we return home Sunday afternoon.

It's Sunday so that means that it's time again for the Paper Players Challenge. The second week of every month will be our Color Challenge.

Our Colors this week are Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue/Pacific Point, Old Olive, and Whisper White. Isn't this is great picture to grab some inspiration from? This picture was taken by one of Lesley friends.




Brandon (my 10yo) is graduating from 5 th grade on Monday. Yahoo!! He helped me design this card because he needs several Thank you cards. He loves a card that I created back in January using the Upsy Daisy stamp set, so he wanted to create a similar card. We colored the stamp in with markers, spritzed it with water, and then stamped it on the card stock. It really looks like a watercolor painting when you use this technique. My "Designer Paper" is created with the vine stamp from Vintage Vogue and the Texture Embossing Folder -- pretty isn't it?

The other Paper Players have also created beautiful cards for the challenge. Make sure you go visit and leave some love.

LeAnneWEEinklings
Jeannie (Guest Designer for June) – Jeannie’s Happy World
Now that you have seen all our cards, do you want to know how to play? Here are the dets:
  • Create a project using the week’s challenge. You may use any products that you have. The design team uses Stampin’ UP! products, but you can use anything.
  • Upload your creation to your BLOG.
  • Go to Always Playing with Paper and upload your creation with a direct link back your BLOG
  • Each month we will be choosing one participant to be next month’s Guest Paper Player. If you would like to be considered, please type GD beside your name when you link your card.
  • When uploading your creation to an online gallery such as Splitcoast Stampers, please use the keyword APP and the number of the challenge week -- APP02
See easy peasy. Now go get creating!!
Remember to check the site on Saturday when the winners will be announced. The winner will receive a “Headliner” badge to proudly display on their BLOG. There will also be 3 honorable mention picks that will receive a “Cut Above” badge to proudly display on their BLOG.
Thanks for stopping by!!
~Corie

Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Vintage Vogue
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Whisper White
Inks: Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue, Old Olive
Extras: Textured embossing folder, Water, Dimensionals, Mat Pack, Paper piercer, Modern Label punch, Bashful satin ribbon

The inside: .

25 Comments:

Cindy said...

This card is breathtaking! I love everything you did - LOVE it!!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Wow, gorgeous card! LOVE all those shades of blue! :)

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous card...I keep forgetting that Vintage Vogue is NOT retired and I can still use it!

Chicken Coop Stamper said...

I love this, can't beat Upsy Daisy and you nailed it! Beautiful!

Queenie Jeannie said...

A smashing success!!! Great job! I think everyone's cards this week are amazing!

jaydee said...

Corie - this is gorgeous. You really made the colors work so well on this card. Congratulations to Brandon, too!
Have a fabulous week.
Hugs
Jaydee

Carol L said...

This looks sensational!! I can't WAIT until my embossing folder gets here! Your card is just incredibly gorgeous, and so is Brandon's card in the previous post!

Anonymous said...

Your Upsy Daisy card is just fabulous! I have that set, but have used it very little..... must get it out again. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Brandon does great work too.

Joan
MN

Karen said...

Love what you did with this! Beautiful!

Wanda said...

Your card is SO beautiful. I LOVE it! TFS

Michelle L. said...

Wow, Corie, that is a stunner! I love the watercolor effect on the flowers and the stamping on the embossed background.

Paula said...

stunning card,Corie. I must try that technique.

Allison Rankin said...

Just so durn pretty! Love the color challenge...may have to try it on!

Joy said...

what pretty blues you used. such pretty DP and love that image. so simple yet lovely. I hate camping too...you are a wonderful mommy to do that...thank goodness I have a girl! lol! have a great week!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Cori! Love the colors and the flower image. :o) The embossed BG looks great!

Sharon said...

I really like the colors on the card. You did a great job. By the way, you are very brave to be camping. My idea of camping is checking into Holiday Inn. Take care,

Creative Grammie said...

What a great card! Looks like handpainted watercolor flowers.
By the way, I know what you mean about camping. Camping for me started when my son became a cub scout. Mind you, he was a cub scout for only a few years, however the camping continued twice to three times a summer. Our group became known as the 'cub scout alumni campers'! LOL It finally ended when the boys graduated from high school and started college. One parent called and wanted to do a reunion camping.
Sorry, didn't mean to leave such a long comment, but your comment on camping just brought back a flood of memories for me.

Chriserendipity said...

Corie--this is SO beautiful! You've achieved a very authentic watercolour look indeed!

Chris in Calgary, AB Canada

Trish in Wisconsin said...

Gorgeous card! Really like how you did the Background Layer and thanks for sharing. Your Bow is to die for. I think you should do a tutorial on how it is done. Just perfect.

Cyber hugs, Trish in Wisconsin

Velta said...

Your card is amazing....your boys are so lucky to have a mom like you...I hope you survived...LOL...share the ending will ya?

Vicky Hayes said...

I'd forgotten all about the water spritzing technique - must give it a go. I absolutely adore your card with its fabulous blue colour scheme!

Michele Kovack said...

This is absolutely stunning! And your bow is perfectly tied! WOW!

Deb Neerman said...

Omigosh, Corie!!! This is STUNNING! I love, love, love it! This has got to be one of the prettiest cards I've seen this year!

Enjoy (?) the camping! Sending hugs!!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Love this card Corrie, and love your blog too... I'm following now and looking forward to seeing more of your art!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

This is a beauty!!!!wonderfully done and layered!!!!
I just love it so much, I just have to cased it.
tfs:)