Wednesday, March 24

SC273, CC263, IC224

Yep I did it again -- another puffy flower. Are you sick of these yet? You knew I was going to create one of these when you saw the sketch didn't you? I guess I am getting good at making these flowers. I was able to throw this card together in 17 minutes.


If you need the Puffy Flower Tutorial it is HERE. And here is a link to all the Puffy Flower cards that I have created so far.

Several of you have asked me whether I have tried mailing these cards. Well the answer is no, but I am going to try. I ordered the padded envelopes and the treat cups from the Occasions mini. I think that these flowers will fit in those cups. I am going to mail the card to myself to see how this works. I'll let you know the results.

Does anyone know what's up with SCS? I thought that they had fixed everything, but I think things are still a little wonky over there.

This card is for the Color, Sketch and Inspiration Challenges. The colors are Dusty Durango, Pretty in Pink, Creamy Caramel. I bet you are wondering where the caramel is. Look closely at the dry embossed flowers on the Durango layer. I colored the centers with the Creamy Caramel marker.

Gotta run to the Library -- boy I will be so glad when school is over. Thanks for stopping by!!
~Corie

Stamps: Messages from Mom
Paper: Dusty Durango, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Hostess Paper Packs DP
Inks: Creamy Caramel, Basic Black
Extras: Crop-A-Dial, medium brad, paper snips, Scallop Circle punch, Cuttle bug, Petals Folder (SU), White gel pen

The inside:

21 Comments:

stampinfrog said...

Corie I love the simplicity of this card!Fabulous papers and NO I will never get tired of seeing the gogeous puffy flowers!!!
Hugs,Connie

Anonymous said...

Love these flowers and your card is beautiful! But I think you should mail it to me! Ha!

mamakAN said...

Piekna ! Czysta i wyrazna dla wyjatkkowej osoby. Bravo !

sunbear said...

hi corie, i recommended ur blog to a few stampin' up buddies here in oz today! hoping they'll stop by and enjoy your talent. tfs your wonderful work.

June Houck said...

17 minutes? You are my hero :) Another adorable card, Corie!

Unknown said...

WOW Corie!!!
The embossing of the paper and the flower are wonderful!!!
great job

Joy said...

I am loving your card...with these awesome puffy flowers...haven't tried one yet...but I will definitely get to it =) so pretty this card came out and I do love the colors used. hope you have a wonderful day!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow - love the elegant simplicity of this card Corie, and your flowers are fabulous. The colours on this card add a real touch of drama - superb!
Sylvia x

Crystal said...

It's great! I have yet to try these flowers, but you're making me want to, for sure! :) tfs

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty! Love the flower!

Anonymous said...

Very awesome card, Corie. I do not get tired of your flowers either. I have yet to try making one. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.

Joan
MN

Heather said...

Gorgeous card- I'm not sick of your puffy flowers yet!

(But you aren't allowed to complain that I use my heart punch too often!)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

17 minutes!?!??! Crazy! And why quit making these beautiful flowers? They are so wonderful! I have been keeping my eye open for a circle punch, but the one I found was quite small. I will just have look for a bigger one :)

Mary Marsh said...

this is so pretty corie-I am not tired of seeing the puffy flowers-I need to make one-thanks for the link

Allison Rankin said...

I will never grow sick of your puffy flowers since I heart them so! This one in this color is just so darn purdy!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Corie!! I love your textured background and gorgeous bloom!!

Creative Grammie said...

Aloha Corie;
I finally got around to making your puffy flower using your tutorial; mahalo for that. If you go to Creative Grammie blogspot, I just put it up. Thanks again for such a great tutorial.

Risa said...

What a beautiful card!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Francie G. said...

Beautiful! Love the background and that gorgeous flower!

Joan Ervin said...

You did a fabulous job on this beauty, Corie....such a pretty color combo and I LOVE your fluffy flower!!!!

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It's stunning Corie! and I LOVE seeing your puffy flowers! I would be upset if we didn't get to see them! so keep them coming girl! xx