Wednesday, March 17

SC272 ~ Sketch Challenge

All these days filled with sunshine have been wonderful!!! I am really a summer type of girl -- not a snowy winter type. The kids and I have been having a blast outside, but it has put a damper on my stamping and blurfing. I promise to return emails and comments soon :o).


When I saw the sketch challenge this morning, I knew I was going to create another Puffy Flower card. I mean this sketch was calling for a puffy flower -- don't ya think ;o). The only question I had was which DP to use. I normally would reach for the Cottage Wall DP, (I just love it), but I created a card with it yesterday. So then I thought about this DP -- Flocked Together. I don't think I have used any of this paper, and it is beautiful too.

Thanks for stopping by!! If you need the Puffy Flower Tutorial it is here.
~Corie

Stamps: Well Scripted
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Flocked Together DP
Inks: Basic Black
Extras: Scallop Circle and Trim Punches, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, Crop-A-Dial, Medium brad, Saffron Ribbon

The inside:

14 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fantastic!! Love everything about it!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I linked off of SCS, your card is gorgeous! The colors, the flower, love that flower too.

stampinfrog said...

Gorgeous card!Love the color combo and that flower is gorgeous!!!
hugs,Connie

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Look at that flower!!! It is FAB! What a great card :)

Velta said...

You are the queen of all flower making...It just makes this card say "WOW!"

Teri said...

Love your puffy flower!! I made some, but think I'll have to poof them up more like yours!!

Gina Wrona said...

sweet, i just learned how to make this flower at our club night w/my upline demo Dawn Griffith.

Hugs,
Gina

Rose Ann said...

Your card is gorgeous, and I love the colors!! Your flower and ribbon are sooooo pretty!!

Allison Rankin said...

You're killing me I swear! ♥ the flower, colors and ribbon! Now I want to try these colors!

LeAnne said...

Wow, how did I miss this! That paper is gorgeous....wait, I HAVE that paper! Gonna go play!

Becky G said...

Gorgeous card, Corie! I love the colors! So vibrant!!!

Risa said...

What a beautiful card Corie, I LOVE everything about it!
hugs
Risa:)

Rita said...

Stunning card, I luv your DP & color combo Corie! Like you I've fallen in love with these flowers, their so addicting.

I mailed one of these puffed flower cards...not a good idea. The reciever took a picture of it & posted it on her blog, to my horror she did not fluff it up (I wrote a note telling her to scrunch it so that it would fluff it out again)it was all flat & ugly. I will never mail another one. This is a card that should be hand delivered or put into a box if sending other items along with the card.

Hugs
Rita

Kitty A. said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for the inspiration and tutorial.