Thursday, January 14

MMSC36

WARNING: I am going to whine a little, so scroll down for the card details if you want -- I won't mind.


I arrived at work at 6:00 am this morning and checked out the sketch challenge on SCS. I was excited 'cuz I knew exactly what I wanted to create. I wanted to use the bird from the Friends 24-7 stamp set with the Bella Blue DP. I "NEEDED" to go home right then and create my card, but that was not going to happen.

So I rushed home from work this afternoon, ready to get busy. It was the homework night from **(fill in the blank)** -- why do they do this to young kids? Then we had to take my older son to wrestling practice which is from 6pm - 9pm. So I didn't have a chance to start my card until 9pm. It wasn't that bad, it took me 23 minutes. I was cleaning up my desk to take the picture -- my youngest son was trying help. Then it happened -- Brandon knocked over the cup of water that I used to water color my card. The water went all over my card -- it is REALLY messed up. To make a long story short you don't get to see that card. Hopefully I will be able to make another one, but I don't have very much of the Bella Blue DP left. I guess that card was not meant to be.

If you remember, I am trying to make a few sympathy cards to have in my stash. I find when I am in the situation of needing a sympathy card the last thing I want to do is create one -- so I like to have a few on hand. Then throw in the fact that because everyone knows that I make my own cards, I cannot give a store bought card.

This card is one that I created for the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week. You all really need to go visit these ladies. I have to say they are some of the nicest ladies in BLOG land. I think everything is straight forward on this card -- just stamping and sponging. I should have taken a picture of the inside too, it came out really nice. I used the DP from that set with the black silhouette flowers -- it sounds crazy, but it looks GREAT.

Thanks for stopping by!!
Corie

Stamps: Friends 24-7, Thoughts and Prayers
Paper: Kraft, Basic Black, Urban Oasis DP
Inks: Sahara Sand, Basic Black
Extras: Sponges, Scallop trim punch

11 Comments:

June Houck said...

It's not crazy at all because it does look great! Very classy and elegant.

I am so sorry your card was ruined. But 23 minutes? That must be a record. I am impressed. I am one of the world's slowest crafters. I wish i could see that card too. I hope you have enough blue to make another :)

LeAnne said...

Well, things like that happen....I spilled a whole cup of water into my Powder Pals tray, of course, which was filled with GLITTER! Ack!! Anyway, that is why I use aquapainters now....I never need to have water on my desk. And I tell my customers that too! :D
Anyway, this is a wonderful card...I really like the masculine feel of it and how you've shabbied up the sentiment. TFS!

Phyllis said...

Corie, I feel your pain. Years ago I started using little bottles for my water with screw tops which I replace as soon as I finish using it. I don't even have a child to blame for the messes I have made. I have my drink at the table in a bottle with a cap. I have spilled everything and my stamping buddy doesn't trust me.... This is an elegant and beautiful card. I hope you get a chance to remake the other one, it sounded lovely too!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Allison Rankin said...

We must have twins...except my boy spilled my gamsol. Not lately but that one is a hard one to forget! I think this one is so striking...love the colors!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Croie - this is just lovely - it has such a serene feel to it. Sympathy cards are so hard to make, especially 'in the moment' you need them - great idea to get some made. I love the colours and the 'feel' this card has - fabulous! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week , don't forget to check back on Friday for the Sneak Peek of next weeks challenge - we would love to see you play again next week - you know we love your cards!! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Carol Hurlock said...

Corie...believe me, we all have disasters in our crafting journey. Thinks just happen so quickly out of our control!!! But, even though you had a disaster...this card is the spectacular result and a positive made from a negative. How gorgeous and truly elegant this is!!! Thanks for joining us this week in our Sketch Challenge at Midnight Madness. It's great to see your work and visit your blog.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Priscilla said...

My heart dropped while reading your post..it was funny, because I kind of knew what was coming.. not sure how, but I just knew it when you said.."my youngest son was trying to help" I have been there and done that, so I feel your pain..LOL I love your card you have created for our challenge this week it is just beautiful. The patterns and color along with the dp match up so well. As always, thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week and be sure to swing back by for a sneak peek at next weeks sketch.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Corie, this is so gorgeous. It's very elegant in it's simplicity. I need to make some sympathy cards too. And my week had the same homework trials yours did. Now we are onto the homework weekend load. I feel so bad for my 10 yr old. He gets more than his fair share I think. :)
Michelle MMDT

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

So CAS but oh so elegant!! I just love the rich tones and your damask on your main panel!! The dp is stunning!! Love your take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing with the MMSC!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Corie, A very elegant Black and cream color card. Wonderful classic punch and. So sorry to hear about your Bella DP card... I hope your week turns better. Thanks for taking time to play with us, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Grace said...

Oh wow! This is so elegant and perfect in every way! Wow! Thanks so much for playing along with the MMSC this week!