Tuesday, February 17

Sail Away

I was so sorry to see this stamp set retire. I think it makes great guy cards. I need a few Guy cards to add to my "Cards for Sale" basket at work, and this is one of them.

I stamped the image with Black Staz on, and colored it in with my Sharpie markers. Then I layered it on a piece of More Mustard that I ran through my Cuttlebug with my new Texturz Plates from Stampin' UP. I love the embossing folders from Cuttlebug, but these ones from SU are even BETTER. They are double sided, so you get two textures from one plate. Each set comes with 3 double sided plates, you can't beat that. The DP is also retired, it is called Outlaw.

Stamps: Winds of Grace Paper: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Natural Ivory, Outlaw DP Inks: Creamy Caramel, Black Staz On Extras: Sharpie Markers, Ivory Hemp, Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers, CuttleBug, Texturz Plates, Backgrounds #1

16 Comments:

June Houck said...

Handsome card! How are your card sales going?

Rita said...

Beautiful masculine card Corie! I luv how you colored it, great job!!! This one is going to fly right out of your basket!

Alex said...

Me too!! This card is fabulous, I just love the masculine feel it has!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Emily said...

This looks great Corie! Awesome masculine card! Love the twill!

Joy said...

love the card...we can all use a couple masculine cards...I just can't ever seem to make any! you did a great job on this sail away card!

Christi Flores said...

What an awesome masculine card!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is a terrific guy card. Such nice colors.

Michelle Alejandro said...

What a great masculine card! Your coloring is outstanding! Love it!

Carla said...

This is a stunning masculine card!! You are really rocking those Sharpies!!

Rose Ann said...

This is such a gorgeous masculine card, Corie!! I love the colors and layout...and the hemp is perfect!!

Heather P. said...

I have such a hard time making masculine cards (probably because I'm addicted to pink and flowers...LOL), but you rocked that set! Gorgeous!

KimB said...

HI Corie,

this is a great masculine card, great colours for it too.Not a blue in sight - I will have to try this some time.

Kim

Stamp and Smile said...

Corie... this is such an AWESOME masculine card... I LOVE IT! You did a stunning job and the coloring is perfect'O... Smiles! :)

Anonymous said...

this card is awesome. I low it. I didn't realize there was this new embossing folder by SU. How much are they. I have to check it out. I only have the CBug and I love it. Thanks for the great directions. I will have to try this.

tami wood

Anonymous said...

What a perfect masculine card! The colours are so great, and love the sailboat image!

Risa said...

Your card is a stunner Corie! It isn't easy to pull off a fantastic masculine card. However, you rule at making masculine cards!!! I love your layout, the image and DP are awesome.
hugs
Risa:)