Saturday, January 17

MOJO Monday 69 & CC201

This is my card for Mojo Monday 69 and this week's Color Challenge 201. I really like the sketch, but I am not so sure about the colors. I wanted to create a few blue valentine's cards for the boys, but they just are not doing it for me.


I stamped the February stamp from Taylor's A Year Of Sweets 1 with Staz On Black. Then I water colored in the image with Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, and Creamy Caramel re-inkers. I colored the hearts and dots in with my Real Red Marker. Then I highlighted each red stop with Candy Cane Stickles (can you see that in the picture?). I stamped the heart from my sentiment several times and punched them out with my 1/2" circle punch. Then I used the clear dot from the Create a Brad set from SU!.

Stamps: A Year of Sweets 1, Love Is Sweet
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Urban Garden DP, Pattern Pack DP
Inks: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Creamy Caramel, Black Staz On,
Extras: Real Red Marker, Marvy Punches, 1/2" & 3/4" circle punches, red grosgrain ribbon, build-a-brad, dimensionals, Candy Cane Stickles, Paint brush

8 Comments:

Erin Bigler said...

This is too cute and perfect for a guy Valentine! And personally, I really like this color combo!

Rose Ann said...

Oh...this one is adorable as well!! Love the images and pretty colors!! Your brads are perfect too!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is such an adorable image. I like the blue. It's nice to see a Vday card that's not completely red and pink.

~amy~ said...

cute, cute, cute...love the non-traditional colors...perfect for valentines day!!

Rita said...

This card is so darn cute! Corie I luv the color combo & this stamp set is adorable!

Olena said...

Nice card! Love it! `Olena~

Teri said...

I just love your color combo!! Great card, so cute!

Unknown said...

Corie, what a great card, I love the sketch and the colors you chose....