Wednesday, March 5

SC166 & CC156

This is my card for today's sketch challenge. I was also able to use yesterday's color challenge . I had such a difficult time yesterday with these colors (wild wasabi, purely pomegranate, and so saffron). I just kept thinking Christmas.


Last night I decided to stamped my image and water colored it with the colors. I was just hoping the Roxy would come up with a sketch that I could use. I wish that I had one more black dot for the left side, but I cannot move them without ripping the paper. I did cheat and use Rose Red DP instead of Pomegranate DP -- I think they are so similar so maybe you will not notice. (wink wink)

Stamps: Morning Soft
Paper: Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, Watercolor paper, Saffron & Rose Print DP
Inks: Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, So Saffron, Basic Black
Extras: Paint Brush, Dimensionals, and Black Adhesive Rhinestones (Marcella by K)

17 Comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG - your card is gorgeous!!! Love everything about it!!! You nailed both challenges!!!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is beautiful, so pretty and elegant, love it. Received your card today, that was so sweet of you, will get a photo this weekend and post.

Elizebeth said...

I totally thought that was purely pom DP....you fooled me!

This is GORGEOUS!!!!! Way to go tackling 2 challenges!

Melissa said...

Stunning! Way to go Corie!

Many Blessings,
M.

Michelle said...

Corie, this is gorgeous. I love how deep the pinks are on the flowers, and your use of the hint of saffron really adds some punch. Beautiful.

Dawn Easton said...

Corie this is GORGEOUS! WOW! Your flower is stunning...fabulous colouring!

I almost used my Rose Red Prints Paper too...hehe! Then I changed to just pomegranate paper and used Saffron prints ;)

I love the little bits of black to accent.

FANTASTIC girl!

Becky G said...

Wow! Corie! This is gorgeous! I love the colors you used! Very eyecatching!

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Corie! The watercoloring is fantastic and I love your accents.
malieta:)

Anonymous said...

This is so BEAUTIFUL!! I love it!

Alex said...

Gorgeous card Corie - you coloring is totally amazing and I love these colors together! Great job on the challenge! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Paula said...

very pretty card, Corie. The colors are great. The black dots are FINE!!!

Dawn said...

Very pretty. Nice job!

Rose Ann said...

Your coloring looks so lovely, and the colors are beautiful!!

Jules said...

Beautiful! SOOooo NOT Christmas! Great card!

Deb Neerman said...

Wowza, Corie! This is awesome!

TFS!

~Hugs, Deb

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! Absolutely beautiful watercoloring!!!! : )

Heather P. said...

This is SO pretty, Corie!