Wednesday, March 12

CC157 & SC167

Here is my card for today's sketch challenge. I used the colors from yesterday too. So 2 challenges in 1.


I stamped the background with Floral and basic grey. Then I stamped the vines from Embrace Life with black (I do not know whether you can see). I stamped the little flowers on the designer paper and then water colored the petals. I also water colored the big flower.

Stamps: Embrace Life, Floral BG
Paper: Basic Grey, Basic Black, Whisper White, DP
Ink: Basic Grey, Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate
Extras: Paint Brush, Black Velvet and Pomegranate ribbon, dimensionals, Black Rhinestones.

14 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love the floral background...what a wonderful effect with the leaf stamp over it; lots of depth. The ribbon is a cool way to define the sketch!

kathleenh said...

Beautiful card! I love how you have the ribbon coming down the center and the flower anchoring it down.

Rita said...

These tow cards are just sooo beautiful & I luv how you colored the flowers! I'm just so happy to see your blog again & happy to leave comments again. Don't know what you did to fix it but I'm grateful!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful Corie! Awesome job combining the challenges!

Jessica said...

beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a great card Corie! I love the sketch and the colors! Well done!

Gina Wrona said...

Hi Corie,

Thank you so very much for the BRAK Club card. I got it yesterday. It is so beautiful!!!!

Just like the card you posted here with the Embrace Life Set. I'm so glad I finally got it. Thanks for the inspiration.

((((((((hugs)))))))))

Gina
aka The Puppy Lady

Carolyn King said...

this is beautiful...love all the bg stamping! That ribbon and flower look so neat down the center too!
Fantastic card.

Anonymous said...

Wow ... so glad I found your blog ... this card is absolutely amazing. I love the double stamping on each layer as well as the double ribbon ... wonderful card.

Alex said...

This is absolutely beautiful Corie - totally love the colors, and the flowers! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

dasimonds said...

Beautiful Card...
Great color combo..I like your
background stamping and the vines.
Nice job with the watercoloring!!

Unknown said...

I really LOVE the colors

Jessica
www.jessicalynnoriginal.com

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful job with the challenges! I love your card, Corie!!

Heather P. said...

Beautiful!