Monday, March 3

Card for Braxton

Brandon has a birthday party to go to, so out comes Ahoy Matey. I seem to use this set for all the boy birthday cards.


I painted the map with my paint brush and re-inkers. I colored in the pirate with markers. Do you like my scallop circle? I thought the normal scallop looked to much like a flower, so I used Mary Jo's technique. She punches the scallop, and then puts the card stock back in the punch, turns it a little, and then punches it again. Isn't that a GREAT idea?

I do not know whether you can see from the picture, but I stamped Linen and Striped background with river rock ink on the kraft layer.

Stamps: Ahoy Matey, Linen, Striped
Inks: Basic Black, River Rock
Paper: Old Olive, Blue Bayou, Kraft, Whisper White
Extras: 1-1/4", 1", and Scallop circle punches, paint brush, re-inkers, markers, dimensionals.

24 Comments:

Janine said...

What a great card !! I love the map in the background. Nicely done.

Janine said...

What a great card !! I love the map in the background. Nicely done.

Rita said...

What a great looking card for a boy! I luv the two step scallop punch...great idea. Yes, I agree that scallop is not fitting for a boy card, but this one is perfect! Great job!!!

Sam said...

FABULOUS card Corie! Great job.
Sam.

Shelly said...

Corie, love this card! I have this set and never know what to do with it but I can't part with it. I may have to CASE this one!

kathy said...

very cute

Alhambra Club said...

This card is adorable, what a perfect boy card.

Melissa said...

Absolutely fabulous!

Alex said...

totally awesome boy card Corie - I love this set!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Catherine said...

too cute, love the details =)

Libby Hickson said...

This is so cute! And love the scallop punch idea, thanks for passing that along!

michelle sturgeon said...

Oh, this is AWESOME!

Risa said...

This card is awesome and just perfect for a young boy!
malieta:)

June Houck said...

Yes, you like this set, but I don't get tired of seeing your creations with it :) You color so well. My SU! consultant (Sue Hyer)taught me that scallop circle technique. You may already know this, but to get a nice 4" small scallop trim you can use the scallop circle punch. Check it out here:
http://www.welovetostamp.com/2008/02/scallop-trim-tutorial.html
Hugs!

Neva said...

This is just awesome, love this.

Anonymous said...

Awesome card! Love your map, coloured so wonderfully and the scallop punch is way cool! Perfect card for a little guy!

Anonymous said...

Corie, this is such a cute card!!! I know what you mean about this being such a great set to use for little boys!! I love how you used the scallop punch for the sentiment!! : )

Jessica said...

Great card! Love it!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

so beautiful!! :)

Ila said...

This is one Fabulous card...love the scallop circle ....the map..colors...everything!!

kathleenh said...

Ooh I love this boy card! Great job on the coloring and I love the color combo you used.

Elizebeth said...

This is so cute! I love your watercolored map!

Elizebeth said...

This is so cute! I love your watercolored map!

Rose Ann said...

I love your pirate card!! It's so cute, and I love the colors too!!