Saturday, February 23

Gee Thanks Puppy

Here is the first card that I have created with the For Father Stamp Set. This set is coming out in the new Mini Occasions Catalog from Stampin' UP!. The mini catalog is available starting March 1. I love so many of the sets in this mini, but the accessories are so amazing. I wish I could order one of everything!!


I stamped the puppy image with Timber Brown Staz On Ink, and then colored it in with my watercolor pencils. I then punched it out using my pink size marvy punch, and then attached it to the chocolate chip scallop circle (punched with the purple marvy punch). I punched each scallop with my piercing tool. I thought that the image did not look distressed enough, so I sponged around it with creamy caramel. I distressed all the edges with my distressing tool, and then sponged ink on the edges to make it look even more old.

I used my Crop-A-Dial for the first time on the sentiment. I just love this tool. I had such a difficult time with the eyelet setting tools in the past, but no more. This tool is SOOOO worth the money. I think I will be putting eyelets on everything now.

Stamps: For Father, Sentiment
Inks: Timber Brown Staz On, Creamy Caramel, Really Rust
Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Outlaw DP
Extras: Word Window and Marvy punches, Crop-a-Dial, Eyelets, Paper Piercer, Natural Hemp, Distressing tool, sponges

12 Comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This card is great, what a wonderful image.

fran said...

It's beautiful, Corie!

Rita said...

Beautiful card! I luv the eyes & face on this puppy, he's so darn adorable!

Tanis said...

YAY! A Card! I love it..what a cutie puppy :)

Deborah said...

You did a fantastic job with this stamp! Your coloring is outstanding AS ALWAYS! I just received my mini last week, and I had my eye on this set too! The sets are all kinda pricey, guess since they are mounted dies or no cutting ready to be mounted? Well worth it I guess! I'm sure I'll give in and buy a couple! Hard to resist! (wink)! Deb

Maria said...

This is definitely a cute card! The pup looks so cute. I love the colors that you used! Great job!

Maria

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is SO sweet and super sophisticated at the same time. LOVE it! :0) Mel

dasimonds said...

Super Cute!!
Now I wish that I had pre-ordered this one!
Nice coloring!
I love my crop-a-dile and use it all the time. Have you seen the new one yet? has a longer reach..
I will have to get that one too!
Have a great day!

Dee

Risa said...

Awwwww, I love your card and that stamp is adorable!!
malieta:)

Anonymous said...

Corie,
This card is great! You did an excellent job on it!

Rose Ann said...

Awe....this is a darling card as well!! Love it, Corie!!

Becky G said...

This is such a darling card! I love that image! We've had several Labs, both chocolate and black and this reminds me of them when they were pups! So sweet! Love everything you did here, Corie!