Sunday, October 14

October Stampin Club

Did you know that when you use bleach on Not Quite Navy Card stock it creates Groovy Guava images?

I was trying to do a card that incorporated a wheel and the bleach technique. I was testing Not Quite Navy card stock and discovered that the image looked exactly like I stamped it with groovy guava. BTW I incourage you to always test your card stock when bleaching. Not all colors bleach properly.

Stamps: Simply Said, Circle of Friendship, Kindness Jumbo Wheel Inks: Basic Black Jumbo Wheel ink, Summer Sun, Not Quite Navy, Groovy Guava, Ruby Red, Really Rust Paper: Very Vanilla, Groovy Guava, Not Quite Navy Extras: Stampin’ Around Jumbo Handle, 1/8" HH ½”, 1”, and 1 ¼” circle punches, Very Vanilla Ribbon, Paper towel soaked in Bleach

BTW -- Does anyone know why Blogger puts blank lines in my posts where I do not want them? They do not show up in my preview, or the HTML, but when I publish they are there. I have changed the size of my pictures, so I do not think it is that. This is driving me CRAZY.

11 Comments:

Risa said...

Your card is very cute Corie and I love the nugget box! The bleaching idea is great also, thank you for sharing.

Melissa said...

Well shoot! How awesome is that??

Can you give us more information on that sweet little box?

M.

Jennifer said...

Super cute card and box! I've tried bleaching once, and it gave me an awful headache! But it made some really cute paper. Just don't think I could do that very often - I really felt awful for a while afterward! Love how yours turned out!

June Houck said...

Thanks for the tip! I love your card and box. So pretty and happy and great colors too :)

I can't help you with your blogger question; I am just happy I learned how to post my pictures and comments. I am technologically challenged :)

Shannon McGann said...

Great stamp club projects! Thanks for the info about the NQNavy turning into Guava - I hadn't thought to put those colours together, but they look really good!

Deborah said...

You aced the bleaching! That seems so scarey to me! The blogger thing is a pain in the butt! LOL! I tried earlier to edit my banner and it wasn't happening for me! Deb

Tricia T said...

Blogger sometimes puts blank lines in if your settings are set to convert a double return into an empty line. I was having the opposite problem... mine wouldn't give me the extra line! It might not be the problem, but it's something to check!

~* Tracy *~ said...

Blogger is evil I tell you!! Mine never does just what I want it to. Sometimes it gives me extra lines, sometimes it refuses to give me extra lines... Sometimes it wont change my text size no matter how many times I tell it to. I don't consider myself to be tecnologically challenged but Blogger's eccentricities just baffle me!! :p
Your little card and box are very cute :) I need to find odourless bleach!

Paula said...

Way kewl bleaching. I love how the card came out! Blogger takes away my lines! It looks like I have a big run on sentences with no paragraphs. Weird, I tell ya.

Heidi Blankenship said...

Wow thanks for the Great tip!! It's been awhile since I have done the bleaching technique, I'm going to have to do it again sometime soon! I love the colors you used! I don't know why but I have had a hard time using the groovy guava. I really like the color but whenever I use it I don't like the outcome of my design. I will have to try something with the NQN & GG combo! Great Job on the card & the little box!!!
Smiles!

Rose Ann said...

Awesome set! I love the way your bleaching turned out!

As far as blogger goes...well, I can't be of much help. It seems I am always having my own issues as well. Very frustrating!