Saturday, October 13

Guy's Birthday

I am in a SWAP with Kim, Crafty Me. We need to create a Birthday Card. I always find that Guy cards are the most difficult, so I decided to create my cards for a Guy.


I used the Winds of Grace stamp set and the Outlaw Designer Paper. I stamped the image with Timber Brown, Staz on inks. Then I water colored the image with Really Rust, More Mustard, Sage Shadow, and Creamy Caramel. I sponged Bashful Blue around the sails. I distressed the edges of the card stock, and stamped the edges of the designer paper with the diamond image from the All in a Row stamp set. I used the photo corner punch to accent the corner. This is the first time that I used this punch, boy do I love it. I will be using it more often. Believe it or not I did not use dimensionals on this card -- WOW.


Stamps: Winds of Grace, All in a Row, Short & Sweet Inks: Really Rust, More Mustard, Sage Shadow, Creamy Caramel, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Timber Brown Staz On Paper: Chocolate Chip, Natural White, Sage Shadow, Outlaw DP Extras: Photo Corner, Small and Large Oval punches, Copper Brads, Distressing tool, Paint Brush, Sponge

17 Comments:

Rose Ann said...

Awesome guys' card! I love your coloring, and papers you used! Perfect!

simplyfairies said...

wow this card is fabulous, I find mens cards soooo hard, harder than buying pressies...lol

thanks also for your kind comments on my blog....
Kim x

June Houck said...

Nice! I like that dp and especially "wish big". TFS!

Anonymous said...

You always say how much harder guy's cards are for you, but then they are AWESOME!!!

You would never guess by looking at them that it didnt come easily.

Fabulous card.

Samm said...

This is great! what a fabby card!

Samm
x

~* Tracy *~ said...

Awesome guys card Corie! You did fantastic :)

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, ove the papers and colors and of course that wonderful sailboat.

Melissa said...

Perfect masculine card!

Deborah said...

Fabulous card! Love it! Deb

Heather P. said...

This is such a GREAT card! Love how you combined that sailboat stamp with the Outlaw papers. :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card! You do amazing work! Your wedding picture is great too. What a beautiful/handsome couple!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Fabulous male card!

Paula said...

This is agreat guy card, Corie. Love the colors and your design is, as usual, fabulous!

Ila said...

Wow!! This is a Fabulous Guy card!! I love everything you've done here...perfect!!!

Ila said...

Wow!! This is a Fabulous Guy card!! I love everything you've done here...perfect!!!

Becky G said...

Wow! What a wonderful masculine card! Love the double photo corners!

Corinna is Stamptopia.com said...

WOW!! Gorgeous card!