Tuesday, July 17

Request from Me & Rockin' Girl Blogger

Hi Everyone,

I put a new banner up a few days ago. The flowers are from a picture that my BIL took. He is really into photography these days. I will post a link to his site later.

Well today I decided to change the layout of my site. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Should I keep it this way, change it back, or do something all together different.

I am in the process of adding an email feed to my site also. Several of you ladies have asked me to do this, so your wish is my command.

Big Hugs everyone,
Corie

Edited to Add:

Click
here for BIL photography site. Tom has been taking pictures for a short time. He definitely has a talent for this. BTW -- The little boy in the people category is his brother's son, not mine. I need to have Tom take some pictures of my boys.

Click here for my sister's site. If you click on the "Contact Us" button, Tracie's salon page will display.

Edited AGAIN to Add:

OMG -- Flossie nominated me for the Rockin' Girl Blogger award. I am so humbled. I am to display the button on my site, and nominate 5 other ladies. Well how do I list only 5? Well Flossie already nominated Jen, so I cannot do her. I cannot nominate Flossie, 'cuz she nominated me. I must do my hero Allison, but who else.

Well here is my list:

1. First the Queen of Blogland -- Allison from Stampin' When I can. You all know how much I LOVE Allison, she is the best out there.

2. Then I must nominate Laurie from Just Give me Stamps. She is relatively new to blogging, but she is the BOMB. I stalk her daily. Every card she creates is a masterpiece.

3. Next has to be Nancy from Inkcicles. I just plain love hearing about Nancy's life in Alaska.

4. Now for another Queen, Beate from Fresh & Fun. I think everyone knows why I am nominating Beate, she is truly a talented artist.

This is the hard part, there are so many talented people out there. I could do Taylor, Sharon, Amy, Debbie, Anna, Kelli, Michelle, or Julie. They are all fantastic bloggers. Then there are the ladies that I visit every day that are not as famous.

5. Last but certainly not least I will do Andrea from Andrea's Stamping Blog.

20 Comments:

June Houck said...

The picture is incredible! Your bil is very talented. As to changing your blog layout...I'm not going to be much help because honestly, I like both.

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

It looks great! Gorgeous flowers. Sadly, I can't remember how it looked before to compare.

Unknown said...

Hi Corie. Love your banner. I haven't had time to try and figure out how to make a new banner for my blog. Someday! Anyway, I like this layout, it's soft and pretty. I loke your old blog too! It was very colorful and bright and flirty. I guess it would depend on what kind of emotion you want to evoke from your readers in regards to your blog. I personally, like them both. If it were me, I like the bright and bold as it is memorable and sticks in the head. I'm sorry I'm not much help.....lol.

Tara

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

love the photo of your banner! thanks for visit my blog!!

Tracy.H said...

Love the new look and can't wait for the link to your BIL's site!! I love photograpy blogs!! :0)

Alhambra Club said...

Love them both as it is the banner photo that is awesome, but think I like the purple and green layout best. I have you in my google reader as you can tell as I stalk you daily.

Alhambra Club said...

You have been nominated for the Rockin' Blogger Award, go check it out on my blog.

Melissa said...

I love the new banner and congratulations on the nomination!

Anonymous said...

Congrat's that's wonderful!

Love your banner, its beautiful!

Paula said...

Oh, very pretty, Corie. Tell BIL he has "an eye" for photography.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Oh no way! Thank you Corie!
:-)

Karen said...

LOve your new banner!

Michelle L. said...

Corie,
Love the new banner! Those flowers are gorgeous!

Teri said...

Corie, I love the banner! The flowers are so pretty! This banner gets my vote.

Traveling Mama said...

I love the new look! You definitely rock! Your BIL's blog is awesome too!
Tina
travelingmama

Jessica said...

Great banner! It's very pretty.

Little C's Creations said...

wow - I love it. It gives me a sense of serenity.... and peace... he did a great job takin' that picture. Also love the look to your blog. You did a groovy job!!!

Hey, thanks for thinking of me and nominating me in your heart! You're a sweetie!!! You ROCK too... you know that already, right?!

Hugs n' Aloha,
Jen

Laura Evangeline said...

The new layout is very nice. I REALLY love the header pic. BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, that is awesome!!

Shelly said...

Hi Corie! I nominated you for the Rockin' Girl Blogger award but I see someone beat me to it! Your blog rocks and I love visiting! Thanks for the inspiration!!