Wednesday, July 25

Guy card

This is another new stamp set. I need a guy set, and since Balmy Breezes is retired, so this is my "guy set".

I water colored the image and distressed all the edges. I like how it turned out, just sometimes I wish guys liked "bling", it seems a little dull.
ETA (for Tara): The background on this card is done using background stamps. The card is kraft card stock I stamped the paisley BF with blue bayou and then I stamped over the paisley layer with the linen BG with Close to Cocoa. The Close to Cocoa layer is stamped with Flannel with blue bayou ink.

Stamps: Winds of Grace, Paisley, Flannel, Linen, Riviting Inks: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand, Craft White, Timber Brown (Staz on) Paper: Kraft, Blue Bayou, Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa Extras: Corner rounder, 1 1/4", 1/8", and 1/2" circle punches, paint brush, natural hemp, dimensionals

22 Comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

This is great masculine card. LOVE the colours!

Stampindamour said...

Really nice card! I love the paisley background. :0)

-pamela

Alhambra Club said...

LOVE this card, the colors and technique and coloring, FANTASTIC!

Nancy Riley said...

Great masculine card! Not dull AT ALL! Love it!

Rachael said...

Such a great masculine card!! Love the watercoloring!

Anonymous said...

I love this set too...I'll be ordering soon I hope. Really nice card. (Company gone, but have to work now through the weekend to make up for my off time)

kathy said...

What a great card,it's so masculine
I love the lighthouse and the colors you used

L8ybug2 said...

That stamp set is on my wish list. I love what you've done with it. This is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card! Is that DSP or a background stamp? If it's a BF stamp, is it on textured paper? It looks so cool, I want to touch it! Great job! TFS.
Tara

Monica Gale said...

Such a beautiful card amd I love all that work you ve put into the background. It looks lovely

Andrea, said...

Love the cards on your blog but this one is so special such a great man's card

Tanis said...

GREAT guy card! Guy cards are so hard..."they" really need to rack their brains in the stamping industry more for guyish images.
Love this one!

Dana said...

Oh great guy card, I LOVE the BG!
Nice colors, simple LO...just an awesome card!

kathleenh said...

Love this masculine card! That background is spectacular!

Anonymous said...

This is a great card, Corie! You nailed it! :)

Anonymous said...

Great card! Love the blue bayou!

Melissa said...

Masculine cards are SO hard to do so I applaud this awesome card! Can you hear the clapping??!

Kristine said...

Hi Corie!! :) Thanks for the comments==just found your awesome blog. I LOVE this masculine card!! WOW--very nice! Love that flannel bg and the paisley done in those colors. They all work so well together. ;)

Dawn Easton said...

This is a great masculine card!! I agree that men should like more bling though!

Julie ~ Jades Butterflies! said...

What a great card!!! You know what I forgot to tell you how much I love your blog header picture as well!

Little C's Creations said...

dang girl, this is gorgeous!!! i have such a hard time with male cards - gotta get me some images like this. totally love it!!!

hugs,
Jen

Heather P. said...

What a lovely card!