Sunday, June 10

Beate's Sketch #5


I am not sure this qualifies for Beate's sketch challenge, but I needed a card for a friend. Her friend is having a baby, and the mommy-to-be is a contemporary type person. I wanted this card to be babyish but not plain. Sometimes I think the contempo designs are a little plain, but sometimes that is a good thing.
This card opens in the middle. I need to work on my scoring and folding. I did the white part about 4 times until I was satisfied with the look. I need to stop trying to make everything so perfect.
I made the background for this card by using post-it notes and my brayer. I inked up the piece of glossy card stock with almost amethyst. Then I positioned post-it notes around, and used the brayer with Lavender Lace. I repositioned the post-it notes a few times to get the layered effect.
I thought about using some of my new prima flowers, but they did not look right. Oh and I colored in the image with markers. Boy I just noticed I have been on a purple kick, am I a creature of habit or what?
Thanks for looking.
Stamps: A New Little Someone
Inks: Almost Amethyst, Lavender Lace, Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, Pixie Pink
Paper: Glossy White, Whisper White, Basic Black
Extras: Dimensionals, Gingham ribbon, Brayer, Post-it notes

Edited:
Does anyone know what is up with Beate's Blog. I went to add my card and I cannot connect, it seems to be down.

8 Comments:

Tracy.H said...

Wow!! You did that background yourself? I thought it was DP!! Great job! :0)

Alhambra Club said...

OMG, you made the background paper, is it beautiful, the card is great and I love the stamp but the background paper is fantastic.

Libby Hickson said...

What an awesome background, such a clever way to do it! I totally assumed it was DP at first! I've been having trouble with all the splitcoast blogs today - I think the site being down somehow affected the blogs.

Dawn Easton said...

Very cute card!! I wanted to do Beate's sketch too but haven't been able to get on her site to see it...LOL
Love your background!!

Anonymous said...

Corie,
Your card looks wonderful! Thanks so much for participating in the challenge.

Heather P. said...

This is super cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet bunny! Great gate card!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Wow! Great background and card. I totally thought you used scrap paper.
:-)