Sunday, June 6

FS174

The Featured Stamper this week is Nikki Schmaltz. What a beautiful gallery she has. I chose to CASE the card that you can see here.


Since my shoulder is hurting again I wanted to make a simple card. So I took out my handy-dandy DP (the one that I created with the Elements of Style stamp set). I have a little left, so be on the look out for another card with it.

I changed a few things -- embossing folder, ribbon, and nestie. I didn't use her corner punch, 'cuz I don't have it, and I added a few more pearls. I used my DP instead of doing the resist technique, but I think the essence of Nikki's beautiful card is still there.

Don't forget to scroll down to see this weeks Paper Players Challenge -- It's our first one.

Thanks for stopping by,
~Corie

Stamps: Essence of Style
Paper: Whisper White
Inks: Staz On Black
Extras: Markers and Re-inkers with Blender Pen and Aquapainter, Dimensionals, Mini pearls, Organdy Ribbon, Nestie, Cuttlebug, Textile Embossing Folder

The inside: .

14 Comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Just gorgeous Corie! I love that focal image and how it pops against the white BG!

Karen McAlpine said...

Very pretty. Sorry to hear your are having pain with your shoulder. I am in the same boat..broke my arm last week and not able to do anything!! Typing is even painful. Hope you feel better soon.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is beautiful! I absolutely adore the DP you made - it looks like 50s chintz. You must feel very frustrated about your shoulder. I do hope you feel better soon.

Bev J. said...

Very pretty card. So sorry about your shoulder-hope you can find some relief soon.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Beautiful card Corie - the colourful image really pops out from the white embossed background - it really is stunning.
Hugs, Sylvia xxxxxx

Michelle L. said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! Love the pop of color against the white.

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Teri said...

Corie, you make the most elegant cards I swear! I love your clean style and never get tired of seeing these!! hope all is well!

Deb Neerman said...

Absolutely stunning, Corie!! LOVE this!

Hope you're shoulder is healing?!?

Velta said...

Hi Corie ~ This card is just beautiful, from the embossing to the beautiful image...I certainly hope that your shoulder gets better...it seems that I know at least 3 other people who are having problems with their shoulders! Take care girl!!

Joy said...

so cute! love the embossing folder used and love that it's simple yet elegant. you did a wonderful job. have a great Monday!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome card here, Corie. Thanks for sharing this with us.

I pray that your shoulder gets better real fast.

Joan
MN

jaydee said...

Corie - gorgeous case of a gorgeous card. The DP you made is amazing. Love the soft ribbon and pearls for added accent.
beautiful
hugs
jaydee

Rita said...

Stunning & oh so elegant!