Saturday, March 20

IC224 & QFTD02

Yes I am addicted to these flowers. I cannot stop myself from making them. Sorry.


There is a new challenge on SCS. It is call Queen for the Day. Anne Ryan came up with this challenge, it is another way that the members of SCS can acknowledge some really great ladies. This week's Queen is Peggy. She is a wonderful lady!! She has left many really nice comments on my cards. I chose to CASE this card from Peggy's beautiful gallery. I used blues instead of yellows, 'cuz Blue is Peggy's favorite color.

My card is also for the Inspirational Challenge. Today's inspiration came from Cutest Food. Their title says it all -- they have the cutest food!! I chose this image. Aren't these cupcakes beautiful?

Thanks for stopping by!! You can find the tutorial on my Puffy Flowers here.
~Corie

Stamps: None
Paper: Very Vanilla, Bella Blue DP
Inks: None
Extras: Crop-A-Dial, Rhinestones, Scallop Circle and Eyelet punches, medium brads, Brocade ribbon, Cuttle bug, Textile Folder

The inside:

11 Comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love that flower and the embossed background.

Rita said...

Corie you did it yet again girl! This card is so stunning & so elegant, it has taken my breath away!!! What a beauty!!!!

LeAnne said...

Corie, this is lovely....I am going to have to break down & make some of your flowers. That embossing is just beautiful. Anne Ryan is such a sweetie, too, one of the first SCSers I ever had contact with! I should go check out her challenge!!

marilynprestonn said...

Had to come over and say thank you Corie, you have such a knack for beauty! Love that flower too. Should try it sometime, is there a tutorial somewhere...

Kindly, Peggy

Cami said...

Oh Corie, this card is so elegant! I'm really loving all you fluffy flowers. I made quite a few also because they are easy and so fun, and each one comes out different with different DPs. But this card is just so pretty! Hugs, Cami

Anonymous said...

Corie, I can see why you can't stop making these flowers-you are so very good at them! This is such a gorgeously elegant card! It would make a beautiful wedding card!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

So elegant - I LOVE this one too LOL!!! I need to buy myself that punch so I can try your AMAZING flowers!

Julie Mutch said...

Corie, this is absolutely gorgeous! I loved it so much I had to CASE it this morning! :) My creation is on my blog, thanks for the inspiration!

Hugs,
Julie

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful colors and gorgeous flower, Corie!! Love this!!

Lorraine said...

The flower is beautiful, but the embossed background and that paper are just the perfect combo. Very pretty.

marilynprestonn said...

CORIE!!!!! Oh I just now saw your card honoring me on SCS. Isn't that the saddest thing. I just wanted to stop by here also to let you know I have finally seen it and love how you cased mine. I feel so very honored because I do admire your fantastic work. I am going to become a follower of your blog so I don't miss your new creations. Wow, you don't know how sorry I am and please forgive me. I just didn't think to go back. I just thought of doing this while I was commenting on our new Queen Judi's cards.

Anyway, hope you had a beautiful holiday. Looking forward to hear from you in the gallery or just a little blog visit. :)Peggy